Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Election

Reviews

Default Presidential Election

After last nights Frontline Presidential debate. Who will you be voting for? What are your thoughts on the accusations by Martin McGuinness on Sean Gallagher saying that he accpeted 5000 euro? Then the denial by Sean and then the bungled admission by him that he did visit the mans house and may have received an envelope. Anyone that missed it can watch it in full here http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1118566
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

dr love (25-10-11), sperminater (25-10-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It's hurt his campaign in a big way highway , would be interesting to see a new poll now .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

It was a bit of a verbal knee-capping delivered by McGuiness...don't know what to make of the expression on Gallagher's face.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dublad77 For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (25-10-11), sperminater (25-10-11)

Reviews

When you look at it really what did he do wrong? He has admitted he was involved with Fianna Fail in the past. Through young Fianna fail and helping out during election campaigns. He has never denied his past with them. This was three years ago. Now he is independent. The Frontline was like a court the way everything was twisted and him singled out. It's fair to ask these questions. But on three different occasions there were questions of this nature directed to him. The show was biased. The audience were no ordinary people. They were obviously supporters of other candidates the way the questions were directed. RTE would of course have known what these people were going to ask before the show. These shows are always well prepared.

When you look at it what did he do wrong? All he done was collect a donation on behalf of Fianna Fail. Every party gets donations. His mistake was first denying it and then say that he did visit the house and there may have been an envelope.

This whole show was designed to single out a few candidates. Sean Gallagher as mentioned. Then towards the end a question about Denis O'Briens suitability to be part of the council of ministers. This was one to get at mary Davis obviously with her links with O'Brien. Fair play to gay Mitchell who I'm no big fan of. He spoke of the farce of the debate and how it wasn't fair to be bringing his name into it as it was an attmept to get at Mary Davis. It was unfair to mention someone who wasn't there who they all agreed with then and ganged up on Pat Kenny!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

ber (25-10-11), rubberlover (25-10-11)

gallagher should have owned up...but bigger picture here...gallagher is now painted as if he is bertie...he is not..ffs he gained nothing from it ...ff got the money.... i am voting for gallagher after watching what they are trying to do to him... its either gallagher or my fellow county man .... who really looks his age..im kinda worried about his health ..so ill vote gallagher.... we should have another poll on the election...but not till polling day

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

rubberlover (25-10-11), thehighwayman (25-10-11)

Reviews

I agree with you on the format of the debate.
    However Gallagher didn't do himself any favours this morning on the radio with PK he has left a lot of questions unanswered regarding his buisness dealings.
    No matter what way you look at it his campaign has suffered a severe setback.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dublad77 For This Useful Post:

thehighwayman (25-10-11)

Reviews

I heard that interview with Pat Kenny this morning. I know Gallagher isn't perfect. But I'll be voting for him. Whatever McGuinness accuses Gallagher of it's no where near as bad as what he was involved with given his IRA past.

Reviews

Unhappy Presidential Ambush

Hi

Watched said farce. It was a stitch up, Michael d was not challenged on his foreign policy, his partners well known activity as a reactionary could prove embarrassing if he were to get elected. I believe she was very out spoken re Iraq war etc and Chinese human rights etc, and whilst entitled to an opinion could cause major embarrassment to the country as First lady etc. Equally Norris wasn't asked if he should pay back the disability monies, if it were anyone else am damn sure the insurance company would hound us, its not unlike when AIB wrote off debts belonging to Haughey and Fitzgerald in the 1980’s. And his sickening statement about children’s rights should have been challenged, after all he wrote a letter supporting his partner in a statuary rape case, rape is rape. But Pat K and the other lefties in RTE ignored this and glossed over it. And what about the GAA, if this guy is known or suspected criminal should they have questions to answer, after all they took sponsorship from him. !!!!!!
    Last edited by rubberlover; 25-10-11 at 12:45.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    When you look at it what did he do wrong? All he done was collect a donation on behalf of Fianna Fail. Every party gets donations. His mistake was first denying it and then say that he did visit the house and there may have been an envelope.
    He lied, pure and simple and would have continued to lie if SF didn't call his bluff. He can't be trusted, lies, convicted criminals, envelopes, money "resting" in a/c's.......ffs people wake up !

I'll nail my colours to the mast here as I've always voted FG but this time will be voting for Michael D.

Reviews

Marty McGuinness might have proverbial blood on his hands but he was dead right - Sean Gallagher is up to his neck in Fianna Fail. And Fianna Fail are a bunch of fucking scum, with their corrupt gombeen hedgerow politics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast