Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Electrocute all Irish who come to the US illegally

Default Let's Electrocute all Irish who come to the US illegally

Let's electrocute all Irish who come to the US illegally
    --Well Herman Cain wants to do it to Mexicans

Oh..US politics.. ah well I don't give a shite as I'm in Ireland- so it's f*ck all to do with me...
    WRONG- Obama is far from perfect but at least he pays lip service to IRL & the lil emerald isle is still the largest per capita recipient of American Foreign Investment...
    Just see if one of the Republican racist xenophobic ‘Know Nothings’ clowns gets elected next year & see what happens to the Irish economy, Washington will shut down the tax breaks that Pfizer etc get & just see what that does to the Irish dole lines!!
    In case you missed it Herman Cain made a 'joke' about electrifying the Border Fence- what a dildo
    If you have any family/friends/colleagues who are US citizens- for the future of Ireland- ask them to vote Democrat!
    rant over!

Timothy Egan writing in The New York Times asks what would the reaction be if a leading American presidential candidate advocated an electric fence that would stop immigrants coming in from Ireland by electrocuting them.

Herman Cain, the latest name of the month in the Republican field suggested just that twice this week, not for Irish but for Mexicans coming across the border.

He said it twice after first apologizing for it.

Worse, he was cheered loudly by the Republican audience that he appeared before when he made those remarks.

The comments were disgraceful and should disqualify him from any office.

But in the topsy-turvy land of Republican politics it passes for good ideas.

Republicans have cheered Cain for such comments and Texas Governor Rick Perry for happily admitting to having executed as many death row prisoners as he could.

The strain of ‘Know Nothings’ the fear of foreigners, the dread of anything from outside has long been evident in American politics.

Its' current manifestation is scary, not because it is any different but because it is so mainstream.

Executing Mexican,s killing death row prisoners, advocating electric fences is all part of a profound fear factor among aging white people in this country.

Many shelter behind the Tea Party mantle, and find safety in numbers.

By 2041 they know the Hispanics will be in the majority in America. It scares them and they want it to go away.

But it won’t and instead of facing into and embracing change they are trying to fantasize about stopping it.

They might as well try and stop the wind.

Republican candidates have been forced to dumb down to an incredible extent to appeal to the Know Nothings.

Any sense that an issue is complex, has no easy answer and doesn’t yield to instant solutions is considered traitorous.

Watching the most recent Republican debate it is clear as day that only Romney is in any way equipped to run the country.

The rest are charlatans, cheered on by Know Nothings.

Why do I have the feeling that if I went out and grabbed the first six people I met on any street in America they would talk much more sense?

In fact I know they would.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ne...#ixzz1bWZBzHaM

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/story/ne...#ixzz1bWYzWh7p

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

max california (22-10-11)

well I see that despite almost 80 views so far this one isn't grabbing any of you by the bollix,
    so here's a nice rack instead....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    well I see that despite almost 80 views so far this one isn't grabbing any of you by the bollix,
    so here's a nice rack instead....

Nice !!!!!

Reviews

Ahhh...Franken!!! It's Saturday nite...and it's Ireland! So most of us are bollixed drunk at this stage!! (And I am personally well on my way!!

Yeah, well I was never a Republican fan. And would have felt that the foreign policies of recent democratic presidents (Clinton and Obama) have been hugely beneficial to Ireland. Their individual visits speak volumes.

And I've a dislike for unshaven pubic hair! So no Bush for me!!! (And I think the Bush genre epitomized Republicanism).

Last edited by Morpheus; 22-10-11 at 19:13.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

benin (22-10-11), Franken996 (22-10-11)

Reviews

What is it with U.S republicans and electricity.....
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Franken996 (22-10-11), Morpheus (22-10-11)

Reviews

Unfortunately while he sounds like a rascist asshole, I have no friends or relations in the States who can influence the election
    Is this guy in with a shout?
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Ahhh...Franken!!! It's Saturday nite...and it's Ireland! So most of us are bollixed drunk at this stage!! (And I am personally well on my way!!

Yeah, well I was never a Republican fan. And would have felt that the foreign policies of recent democratic presidents (Clinton and Obama) have been hugely beneficial to Ireland. Their individual visits speak volumes.

And I've a dislike for unshaven pubic hair! So no Bush for me!!! (And I think the Bush genre epitomized Republicanism).

Very good Morph- I'll use that with your permission & start a new thread over here on the US Forum in the Politics section..although I already know how it will end..

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    What is it with U.S republicans and electricity.....
    so sadly true...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (22-10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by max california View Post
    Unfortunately while he sounds like a rascist asshole, I have no friends or relations in the States who can influence the election
    Is this guy in with a shout?
    He's leading in the polls right now, although that could change tomorrow. I was pleased that americans could elect a black man..but surprised that a person of colour would even consider running for the (US) Republicans!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Franken996 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    He's leading in the polls right now, although that could change tomorrow. I was pleased that americans could elect a black man..but surprised that a person of colour would even consider running for the (US) Republicans!
    Sounds like his views would find a better reception a Republican audience
    There is nothing worse for the lying soul than the mirror of reality

Quote Originally Posted by max california View Post
    Sounds like his views would find a better reception a Republican audience
    Em..Max,I know it's getting late in IRL & you've probably been hitting the sherry already...
    Herman Cain was leading the polls as the Republican candidate until these comments.. (you wont find too many Democrats applauding the sentiment of electrocuting anybody! That'd be the Tea party loons)
    Broader point being that the Republicans are f*cking themselves in the ass & let's hope they continue to do so, cause if one of them gets elected it really spells bad news for Ireland, North & South!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast