Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapatoni for real?

Reviews

Default Trapatoni for real?

Fair enough we got to the play offs but if you were just beamed down from outer space and tuned in to Trapatoni's interview you would be entitled to think Ireland were just after going 90 mins with Spain or Brazil or someone.

All due respect to Armenia they are a tasty side but hardly a superpower of world football, yet they went down to 10 men(should not have happened I dont think) and still had the majority of possession away from home and won the shots on goal count by 13-6. We got our luck back from "le hand of God" tonight I think.

I reckon enjoy tonight Irish fans because I dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell in the playoffs, no matter who we draw.

Reviews

The group was poor we should have topped it if we played our best players,look at seamus coleman on the bench again tonight not getting a sniff of action.We will get hockeyed by any decent side.

ill tell you what who ever draws ireland in the play offs will be happy.... god a

wful shite!

we were totally outclassed again.
    Last edited by benin; 11-10-11 at 20:23.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lfccork View Post
    The group was poor we should have topped it if we played our best players,look at seamus coleman on the bench again tonight not getting a sniff of action.We will get hockeyed by any decent side.
    A couple of points:

1. The continued failure to start coleman, fahy, long and walters and mccarthy is insanity but trap is a fucken narky oul c**t and he won't change.

2. We still gotta stay positive and hope things will evolve in to something more palatable.

Lets stick by the boys. Come on Ireland!
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

France are losing as well so it looks like we wont be seeded.

A choice between Czech Rep, France, Turkey or Portugal as far as I am aware if France end up losing.

Not that it matters a shit. We could be seeded and still not beat whoever we would draw.

Quote Originally Posted by lfccork View Post
    Having travelled and supported Ireland all over the world with fantastic memories of games and fun along the way I now find myself (maybe cause I'm sober) cringing at the football we play! Hard to watch, hard to love hard to take!
    Life's too short to drink bad wine....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackdaniel For This Useful Post:

Bruno69 (11-10-11)

Reviews

PURE MUCK!! andorra on friday,one of the worst teams in world football.it takes an off side goal and an own goal for ireland to beat them!!!trap has been around but his style of play is just AWFUL!! plus all the good players he has left sitting at home.im a football fan but that crap they played friday night(and for quite a while now!!)rubbish. i wasnt a fan when he had the job,but he had ireland playing decent football.
    all the other teams in the play off's will want to draw ireland.
    but i hope for richard dunne and shay given they sneak through,cause those two men deserve to make it to 1 last tournament.

jay67

The young players are not good enough, although they are good but I think chances of Ireland making to major tournaments are nearly gone. There is not world class players coming through the system. I know they play football for money, but that's where it ends for them.
    Can't blame the manager because he can only manage, he's not playing the game on the field. It's the players who play.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If Ireland get through the play off its hard to see what they would bring to the tournament except hanging on with gritted teeth and negativity. \The brief spell at the start of the 2nd half show we can actually pass the ball and play a bit if allowed.
    Should forget about McGeedy and have to say we look better up front without Robbie Keane
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

Jackdaniel (11-10-11), max california (11-10-11)

Look lads lets face the facts and the truth we are shit and that’s the truth lads sorry to be so blunt but that’s the facts and if we faced a half decent team we’d get roasted.

What I want to know is this, why oh why oh why is Leon Best not in that team? He’s playing out of his skin for a Premiership Team and he can’t get into the Ireland squad, what’s the story here guys? Please help me out because I’m lost and a bit angry about it as well.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Jackdaniel (11-10-11), jay67 (11-10-11)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast