Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebekah Brooks arrested

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Rebekah Brooks arrested

Rebekah Brooks recent former CEO of News International has just been arrested (by appointment - ie. voluntarily).

I am no fan of reporters or the media they serve. I believe they are all cut out of the same cloth. However, this isn't a slam reporters thread.

I've just looked up Rebekah Brooks career and must say she has a very impressive cv. She joined News of the world in 1989 as a secretary (at the age of 20). And she subsequently become the youngest editor of a British Newspaper (at the age of 31)!

I certainly admire her given her success both as a woman (and I'm not being sexist here) and as an individual who never went to college. I'm not condoning whatever she's allegedlly accused of knowing about the whole phone hacking scandal.

But it just goes to show, that no matter how successful you are - you are always just one step away from complete disaster! Somewhat sobering.

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I wonder morph is she a fall guy .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Very possibly Doc. The media have been baying for blood. Ironically its the rival media companies to News International. She may be falling on her own sword to try to save the company and jobs of others. But I suspect we will never know the real truth!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

sperminater (18-07-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Very possibly Doc. The media have been baying for blood. Ironically its the rival media companies to News International. She may be falling on her own sword to try to save the company and jobs of others. But I suspect we will never know the real truth!
    I'd have to agree with you on that , just shows the power the press have .: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I disagree. The Daily Fail should have been way more aggressive on this, if they were baying for blood as you say. The Guardian has been great on this case, they have stayed on it for years while all others has tried to bury it. I suspect the reason the tabloids hasn't been more aggressive is because most if not all of them has done it and are afraid of their skeletons coming out of the closets. And as for falling on the sword for NI and the jobs of others, she got 3+ million pounds as her departing gift. I really hope the FBI finds proof of NI hacking 9/11 victims, because that will mean the fall of Fox and the Murdocs and if anyone deserves it, it is them cunts.
    Empty vessels makes the most noise.

200+ not out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corkpunter View Post
    I disagree. The Daily Fail should have been way more aggressive on this, if they were baying for blood as you say. The Guardian has been great on this case, they have stayed on it for years while all others has tried to bury it. I suspect the reason the tabloids hasn't been more aggressive is because most if not all of them has done it and are afraid of their skeletons coming out of the closets. And as for falling on the sword for NI and the jobs of others, she got 3+ million pounds as her departing gift. I really hope the FBI finds proof of NI hacking 9/11 victims, because that will mean the fall of Fox and the Murdocs and if anyone deserves it, it is them cunts.
    Fast forward to 1min, these people are the scum of the earth, the shit they try and spin is just awful

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

sperminater (18-07-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    Fast forward to 1min, these people are the scum of the earth, the shit they try and spin is just awful

CNN are just as bad as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post

Yeah, Fox News organization reminds of the movie 'Planet of the Apes', and the book Animal Farm

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    I'm not a begruder, I have great admiration for anyone who does well, but I'm not a fan of meglamania in business, I love seeing Murdochs empire crumble. There are two possibilities here, and this includes Coulson aswell, as editor you either know what is going on in your company or you're a pretty awful editor. The defence of denial is just blatant lying.Hmm what to believe ? Will she go to jail ? No. (or Ross Kemp can get one of his 'gangs' to break here out)
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

I like to see grater conspiracy theories in these things, if she is charged with something before tuesday when she is due to appear before a commons sub committee, she will be unable to testify about anything as it will be sub judice. I suspect that the timing of her arrest is to stop the truth coming out at that committee. Interesting that the Met chief has resigned today too. This goes right to the top and the top is protecting itself!!!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

mellors (17-07-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast