Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bullfighting

Reviews

Not surprised this is where the thread has come, was inevitable in fact. If I can have my 2 cents [careful peeps, LDM is about to enter serious mode].

We, as a species, have been eating meat for a long time now as we are naturally omnivorous. 10's of thousands of years at least. How do we know that? Our teeth. Canine teeth are mostly present in meat eating animals (I include humans in my use of the word 'animals'). It takes a long time to develop such a physical trait in a species (100's of thousands of years, if not millions). So if we, again as a species, are to eat plants primarily, then it will take a long time too. Perhaps nowhere near as long as it would naturally take as we have stepped outside the perimeters of normal evolution. But none the less, if we are to make the transition to sole plant eating ultimately for the good of the planet, then it will take a very long time. Ok that's enough of the evolutionary science...

Now from a personal perspective, which for privacy reasons I won't go too far into. Some of us, very few, have had the severe misfortune of being 'tampered with', our digestive system in particular. Now as Ciara says, a lot of humans can healthily survive on a veggie diet. That is certainly true. However some of us cannot and need meat. We, yet again as a species, get most of our nutrients from meat. To get the same amount of the same nutrients from plants, is not as easy. And some of us, due to no fault of our own, have to eat meat because we can't afford not to get the sufficient amount of nutrients we need for various things, e.g. tissue/cell repair, etc. Which we have to get from meat. So, ya... Just wanted to get my 2 cents in is all

[LDM has exited serious mode]

Note: for the record, I abhor the killing/use of animals for anything other than food purposes.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 29-06-11 at 22:26.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Doozer (30-06-11)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567