Thread: Relationships and Different Cultures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    I lived in Spain for a couple of years and while there I dated a girl from Brazil. We were together for nearly two years and I really thought she was the one.

The relationship came to an abrupt end when she told me that I wouldn’t be acceptable to her family and we broke up. It came as a bit of a shock to me as it had never entered my head. She declined to explain why I wouldn’t be acceptable and as I am a reasonably well adjusted male I put it down to race/colour.

Perhaps it was her way of exiting from a relationship that she felt had run its course but to this day I wonder.
    Rough going Thomas, sorry it didn't work out for you in Spain.

As for me, I've been dating non-Irish women for years. I've interspersed a few Irish ladies in there for quick encounters and a bit of fun, but I haven't had a proper Irish girlfriend in over 8 years at this point. But since then (not including punting), I've dated Polish, Italian, Finnish, Tunisian, German, Greek, Spanish and Austrian. I guess the world has such a great variety of ladies, I'd love to sample them all!

Real integration will take time of course, but I don't think it's impossible, and people will open their minds to new people eventually.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Milla (10-06-11)