View Poll Results: Greatest US President?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • George Washington

1 5.88%
  • Abraham Lincoln

6 35.29%
  • Theodore Roosevelt

1 5.88%
  • Ronald Regan

1 5.88%
  • John F kennedy

2 11.76%
  • Bill Clinton

2 11.76%
  • Barrack Obama

3 17.65%
  • Richard Nixon

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest American President?

Lincoln gets all my votes

Reviews

My vote goes to President Lincoln - for fighting the civil war and abolishing slavery in the U.S. If you haven't already, you should read his war speech - it's shows the calibre of the man. A truly inspiring piece of literary history.

However, in more recent times I would have to say President Obama stands out among the rest. Certainly his performance today was outstanding. The only other recent previous President I would rate as highly would be Bill Clinton - except that he was stupid enough to get entangled with that silly Monica Lewinsky girl.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

So- apart from me, there were no votes for slick willy, the man who pushed for what became the Good Friday agreement- I could understand if this was being run where I live in the US (where political discourse is dominated by neocon blowhards- but in IRL - ye're a tOugh crowd. BTW, Bill was a bit dumb with Ms.Lewinsky and had some (real) faults ...but inaction wasn't one if them- it wasn't by accident that he led the US during an unprecedented period of growth which Bush managed to squander!

Mmm big question after yesterday and the slaying of the bin Obama has gone right up there. Kennedy cool guy he overcame a lot of shit and his private life didn't effect him and then Regan a fool a bafoon but he did break the iron curtain with the imaginary star wars project just remember the wall coming down. The man for me is Clinton he didn't take risks no owo with Monica and instead of shaging her he wanked while making her use a Cuban cigar well kinky bill!!!! But seriously the excitement when he visited ireland was incredible and if I make a comparison Obama came close but bill up there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12