Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dogs - Advice please

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    here is the cats reply bud....

Meh, what does a man have to do to have something furry at home to pet.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    Pay the outcall fee

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

benin (15-04-11), Franken996 (15-04-11), mellors (15-04-11), willyup (15-04-11)

I tried an aqaurium a few years ago but they all died after about a month.
    Anyway you cant pet a fish.

Thing is I really like Border Collies, I was going to try and find some to go look at over the weekend but I suppose a dog probably isnt a good idea.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Collie

Border Collies require considerable daily physical exercise and mental stimulation

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/dogs-101/

love this show..watch few vids before u make a decision....i have a shar-pei but in my parents house at home,i understand that u like to have a dog, i also miss mine and like to have one here,but in my situation is impossible to give the attantion what a dog needs
    Last edited by Stella; 15-04-11 at 16:29.
    Good bye Ireland!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

a rabbit...furry and dont need to be there every day...though perhaps you should get 2 as they get lonely...(not a male and female cause they breed like......)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

Reviews

Dogs need constant attention/companionship - if like a friend of mine you confine yours for long periods don't be surprised when it goes stir crazy and every chance it gets it will run wild.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasJ For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Border Collies are great dogs, but totally wrong for you, they need exercise and stimulation, there still working dogs, the poor thing will go insane left by itself. Dont get one
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

Now I have not had the greatest or most successful history with dogs but am possibly bowing to pressure from many people to get one.

The only trouble is that I am away for 2 or sometimes 3 days a week so the dog would have to be on its own in the shed out the back.
    It's a nice big shed and lovely and warm so not too bad a place to be. There's even an old mattress there already that it could use as a bed.

So the question is, what breed of dog would put up with being locked in a shed for a couple of days a week?

Thanks in advance for all contributions.
    I am an avid dog lover, please do not get one if you have to lock the poor pup up for days at a time. It's a very very cruel thing to do. I myself travel a lot so I cannot get a dog no matter how much I want one. Best to be in a settled situation to where you can tend for them. If you do have to step away have a friend who can watch them. A worst case scenario would be a doggie hotel.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TS Jessica Presley For This Useful Post:

Stella (15-04-11), volvic11 (15-04-11), willyup (15-04-11)

Thanks everyone for the replies, you have thourougly convinced me it is a bad idea so I'm browsing t'internet for cats instead cos you dont have to take them for a walk.

Look at these two lovely fellas - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2064357

And I could buy them one of these to keep them occupied - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2014277

Reviews

The only trouble is that I am away for 2 or sometimes 3 days a week
    Willyup, you should not get any sort of animal - if you're not at home every day, you do not have the time to take care of them. You're too busy - please, put it out of your mind.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

Thanks everyone for the replies, you have thourougly convinced me it is a bad idea so I'm browsing t'internet for cats instead cos you dont have to take them for a walk.

Look at these two lovely fellas - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2064357

And I could buy them one of these to keep them occupied - http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2014277
    Pheeee sorry dont like cats but anyway good luck!!!
    Good bye Ireland!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

willyup (15-04-11)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast