Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Census forms and religion

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    christianity has survived unscathed.
    It has in me hole.
    Christianity is on its last legs. We have far too much access to information these days for a belief in a supernatural to survive any more than a few generations. Crazy American fundies notwithstanding.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    It has in me hole.
    Christianity is on its last legs. We have far too much access to information these days for a belief in a supernatural to survive any more than a few generations. Crazy American fundies notwithstanding.
    Christianity as a philosophy which you can accept or reject and live your life according to if you chose, is all fine and well. However, if it is elevated to a theology i.e. knowledge of god, and private organisations try to get others to lead their lives according to these teachings by brainwashing, threats (hell and damnation), coercion (the force of law) or downright bullying and abuse, then it should be resisted.

Neither I nor anybody that I know has ever come across a virgin who gave birth (without artificial insemination)
    Neither I nor anybody that I know has ever seen a human walk on water (unaided)
    Neither I nor anybody that I know has ever seen a person bring somebody back from the dead (unless their heart had only stopped beating for a very short period)

Neither I nor anybody that I know has ever seen a person change water into wine (without the use of a home brew kit)..........

.........but if anyone knows somebody who can do this, please send me a pm as I would like to make contact with them.

Theology is a bit of a misnomer as it relies on belief rather then actual knowledge.

Reviews

Reviews

Default Enumerators Now Collecting Census Forms

As the title suggests, the census enumerators are now going door to door collecting completed census forms, so please get your forms filled out.

Being a convivial chap, I used the opportunity to get the enumerator to check my form as I had one query and engaged her in some conversational intercourse........and while she was checking that I had filled all the sections out, she did mention when she came to religion that "None" seemed to be very popular.

Having discarded Fianna Fail, have the people of Ireland finally awoken and gotten up off their knees I wonder. Is the Republic declared in 1916, fought for in 1919 to 1921, fought over from 1922 to 1923, declared a second time in 1949, finally to become a de facto reality?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    As the title suggests, the census enumerators are now going door to door collecting completed census forms, so please get your forms filled out.

Being a convivial chap, I used the opportunity to get the enumerator to check my form as I had one query and engaged her in some conversational intercourse........and while she was checking that I had filled all the sections out, she did mention when she came to religion that "None" seemed to be very popular.

Having discarded Fianna Fail, have the people of Ireland finally awoken and gotten up off their knees I wonder. Is the Republic declared in 1916, fought for in 1919 to 1921, fought over from 1922 to 1923, declared a second time in 1949, finally to become a de facto reality?
    I dot think so after all Europe owns us now after the yes men handed over sovereignty without even a whimper, and the Irish people let them we are no longer masters of our own affairs we now have to cow tow to the IMF and Europe.I wonder what Pierce and his comrades would think of the new Republic and its so called leaders now. We should have got up off our knees a long time ago and stooped blindly following the our so called religious and political leaders who for the most part are only worried about themselves. What ever you decide to put on the census form isn't going to make one jot of difference

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Paul View Post
    I dot think so after all Europe owns us now after the yes men handed over sovereignty without even a whimper, and the Irish people let them we are no longer masters of our own affairs we now have to cow tow to the IMF and Europe.I wonder what Pierce and his comrades would think of the new Republic and its so called leaders now. We should have got up off our knees a long time ago and stooped blindly following the our so called religious and political leaders who for the most part are only worried about themselves. What ever you decide to put on the census form isn't going to make one jot of difference
    Maybe so, but if the civil authorities who of course use the census for all sorts of public and social planning policies, see this as evidence of public support for the separation of church and state, then they may be emboldened to take the RCC on head on.

Reviews

I totally agree church ans state should be two separate entities and should have no input into the running of each others organisations, but I fear you are deluding yourself if you believe that civil authorities that evaluate the census data and pass it on the relevant departments are going to take on and face down the RCC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234