Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky... And other digital TV suppliers

I love all of the documentary and history type channels just love taking in new things that I didn’t know about before, couldn’t live without them.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (07-04-11)

Reviews

If it wasn't for the history and geographic channels I don't think I would bother with sky at all the free to air would do me just fine, don't really watch the other channels really

Reviews

I find the documentaries patronising and most of the stuff on the other channels is of lower quality than that on the terrestrial channels. I had Sky for a month and gave it back because I never saw so much stuff I didn't want to watch. I told the Sky representative this and I never saw so much indignant spluttering in my life. After this, they kept calling to my door to convince me otherwise, worse than Jehovahs Witnesses (who I actually find quite reasonable).

It's also a little unsettling for me that one man owns most of the worlds international media. It seems that an international monopoly has formed and no media outlet will acknowledge it, like the elephant in the room. It's quite disturbing.

If I want to watch a movie I rent or download it. Same with a TV series and you can get all of them on torrent files. The only addition I would see Sky being is if you are into sport, which I'm not.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experiencedguy View Post
    I find the documentaries patronising and most of the stuff on the other channels is of lower quality than that on the terrestrial channels. I had Sky for a month and gave it back because I never saw so much stuff I didn't want to watch. I told the Sky representative this and I never saw so much indignant spluttering in my life. After this, they kept calling to my door to convince me otherwise, worse than Jehovahs Witnesses (who I actually find quite reasonable).

It's also a little unsettling for me that one man owns most of the worlds international media. It seems that an international monopoly has formed and no media outlet will acknowledge it, like the elephant in the room. It's quite disturbing.

If I want to watch a movie I rent or download it. Same with a TV series and you can get all of them on torrent files. The only addition I would see Sky being is if you are into sport, which I'm not.
    Think there was a James Bond baddie based on someone like this

Reviews

Have been thinking of late that TV has just got to $hite!!!

Its ridiculous to say that with 100+ channels you cant find anything on!! But sadly it's true...I do love the record option and pausing live tv... But I wouldnt watch a wide variety of TV..some good drama's or the odd comedy and documentaries! So after a while its just repeated and you run out of things to record!!

Like a previous poster said, torrents is the way to do it!! Movies, TV Series and music at the click of a button!! its great to download a whole TV series and watch it through

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12