Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    It's perfectly disputable because there is nothing to verify that those were genuine Gardai talking on that tape.
    I don't think there is any disputing the authenticity, apart from the rape comments there is also a lot of conversation relating to the actual arrests whereby they are heard to discuss the difficulties of dealing with protestors who are situated at a height (dangers and difficulties of manhandling someone in a situation like that)
    Bada Bing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I've seen the way many gardai drive and it's an absolute disgrace.
    I agree with you there, some are very heavy on the right pedal but you started off with saying they were rapists and enemies of the state and now you are down to bad driving, by the end of the night you'll be down to them playing cowboys with the radar gun as your main charge.
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 05-04-11 at 21:21. Reason: APB - Ngans tax is out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterpoundher For This Useful Post:

tuam sham (05-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Whats this got to do with the blue/red light issue?
    Are the Gardi not the blue light?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samad View Post
    Jaysus, you picked a dodgy username, my son. Balls of steel!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

dark-knight (05-04-11)

This was in the blue light section, someone moved it to gen chat. This relates to the Guards but has nothing to do with prostitution and its laws or proposed laws. If someone put up a thread about changing the tune of the Police siren does that mean it should go in the turn off the blue light section.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    This was in the blue light section, someone moved it to gen chat. This relates to the Guards but has nothing to do with prostitution and its laws or proposed laws. If someone put up a thread about changing the tune of the Police siren does that mean it should go in the turn off the blue light section.
    Oh sorry about that. I was so busy reading in the private section that I did not notice what section I was in

Oh sorry about that. I was so busy reading in the private section that I did not notice what section I was in
    Hey your only new, notice your missing an L... here you go

Have a feeling you'll have a GB soon enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Hmm. I see your point, monster, but generally speaking, what if a law was unjust? Would we have to obey it then?

Justice is only a general thing, general to what the majority of society consider to be acceptable, and it can be split right down the middle. For example, the American Revolution would not have started had tax laws not been passed in Britain pertaining to the colonies - were the colonists obliged to choke down their outrage and pay up? Or maybe the Poll Tax riots in England would be another example, even though the protestors eventually lost that one. The debate about the death penalty in the US is ongoing.

There's no direct parallel I can draw in modern Ireland like that. Apathy is so inbred into Irish people that we as a country just tend to go along with whatever the rest of us are doing.

As for the Gardai thing, that's a different (but related) matter.
    A Garda signs up to uphold the law (and get into Coppers for free) what ever that may be, if he feels the laws are unjust then he has no right being a Guard and should find another occupation.

As for the public being screwed over by the Government, just look at the pensioners and the medical card debacle in 2008. They took to the streets and in huge numbers and managed to get a huge chunk of the finance bill overturned. No one was injured, no one was arrested it was done in a civil manner with public support so the Government had to cave in.

The problem about the Corrib pipeline is that the protesters are mainly crusties, the same gits that tried to block the N11 going through the Glen of the Downs. These people do resort to illegal and sometimes violent means of protest so in my opinion the Guards should use what ever means necessary to get rid of them

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

Lincoln (05-04-11), tuam sham (05-04-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    A Garda signs up to uphold the law (and get into Coppers for free)
    Heh heh

so in my opinion the Guards should use what ever means necessary to get rid of them
    Steady on, son!

Reviews

A Garda signs up to uphold the law (and get into Coppers for free) what ever that may be, if he feels the laws are unjust then he has no right being a Guard and should find another occupation.

As for the public being screwed over by the Government, just look at the pensioners and the medical card debacle in 2008. They took to the streets and in huge numbers and managed to get a huge chunk of the finance bill overturned. No one was injured, no one was arrested it was done in a civil manner with public support so the Government had to cave in.

The problem about the Corrib pipeline is that the protesters are mainly crusties, the same gits that tried to block the N11 going through the Glen of the Downs. These people do resort to illegal and sometimes violent means of protest so in my opinion the Guards should use what ever means necessary to get rid of them
    this stupid incident has placed reasonable doubt on
    the conduct of our police force, who hold custodial power over ordinary citizens.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast