Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Gardai joke about attacking and raping a female protestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Me personally? Not really. I hope that doesn't mean that I condone rape or anything. Sorry

Not at all. I just means you share an opinion shared by 80 percent of people (including me) and darent say so. For fear of being seen as non PC.

In a different way and in a different context I suppose I could work up a bit of annoyance, but they were clearly not serious. And they are clearly going to be finished for this. Pfft.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    Do you acknowledge that their behaviour was wrong? and do you think they deserve a suspension?
    I don't know, I've said some really horrible things to and about people in the past too, some of which I really meant and I feel guilty about today - there's nothing to be gained by making soomeone cry, for example. I guess it would be morally wrong.

I'll think about the suspension thing. I'm leaning towards yes, but I am a cautious type of chap.

Reviews

... but at this stage of the thread, I think all the major points have been covered.

I'd like to thank you all for participating in this debate. Please join us next time as we ask "Just How Much More of A Handful Is A Waste?"

Till next time, take care of yourself.

And each other

Mous-ey! Mous-ey! Mous-ey!
    Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Rayden (06-04-11)

I doubt they will get finished for it, they will probably just get a suspension.
    If one was a Seargent then he will most likely be demoted, no? After all, justice must be done and also seen to be done.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

what you have to keep in mind is who polices the police?

crusty, yank, deport, rape?-they need to show some respect.
    Last edited by warmcome; 06-04-11 at 21:25.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    If one was a Seargent then he will most likely be demoted, no? After all, justice must be done and also seen to be done.
    I doubt there will be any demotions. Probably a suspension on pay plus a black mark on their record which could hamper the speed at which they might get future promotions. My own view is that they should also be docked pay which should be donated by the Garda Commissioner to the Rape Crisis Center.

Reviews

Yeah but i guess you were not in the police force a position of power that most of the community wants to feel safe with when you said horrible things to somebody, the point is that those gardai officers were in a position of trust and they broke that trust for the whole public to see, whats an old woman living alone going to think about the gardai after reading something like that in the newspaper, the point is the stupid behaviour of members of the gardai undermined the whole police force, just look at the exposure i bet people are really pissed off with those officers.
    Splat. Splat. Splat.

Thats the sound of the self-righteous manure oozing of the rear end of the high-horse.

Brock I'm more concerned about folks who can't form an opinion on their own without having to be spoonfed populist tripe....

Now I'm not gettin at you there lad
    Last edited by Lincoln; 06-04-11 at 21:47. Reason: spelling
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

This post from you makes no sense at all. self righteous manure oozing off saddles? what the heck are you on about?
    Sir I apologise. I was going to post "Thats the sound of the self righteous manure oozing out of the arsehole of the high-horse" but I feared that may appear insulting.

My apologies for a poorly typed metaphor
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

If you like to make excuses for the incompetency of the Gardai and the remarks they made about raping a woman then by all means feel free to, i'm sure the gardai Commissioner won't be making excusing for them though he will punish them accordingly. I can't say i would blame him though given the obvious lack of respect on behalf of those officers attitude to those women.
    Ah, the delusion has decompensated further and now we mired in accusations of incompetency. Well Brock you are consistently inconsistent, i'll give you that much.

And with that I will say boa noite (thats for you Sheila, sweetheart, if you happen to be reading xxx)
    Bada Bing!!!

Reviews

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast