Thread: Irish Language Demonstrations

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Irish Language Demonstrations

Did anybody go to them today ? I have a feeling there wasn't ,nice to see a good crowd out though

Blog Entries
    Reviews

haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

blueberry (15-02-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The irish language no longer does anything for me! I never use it and I believe all the resources spent on it is a complete waste of money (can u convince me otherwise)
    Last edited by UB40; 16-02-14 at 01:13.
    Seek and you shall find!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by UB40 View Post
    The irish language no longer does anything for me! I never use it and I believe all the resources spent on it is a complete waste of money (can u convince me otherwise)
    Its fine you have no interest nobody forcing anybody to do anything but I think its right that people in the gealtacht areas should get all the all the resources they can get as they have a right to speak the language they love as its also in the constitution and they are solely keeping the language from going extinct if not then were no better than cromwell as paidraig pearse said "a country without a language is a country without a soul"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

jacklad3 (16-02-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I passed it in my leaving. But can't talk a word of it! That's how much use it is & useful it is!
    yeah its useless to us i agree I wish my parents and ancestors before them spoke it but the english .famine times etc etc it has been long gone here but why not help the guys in gealtacht areas keep it going?