Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness .....

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    It's a bit like me cracking a Paddy joke,just not on
    I lived in England for 19 years, if I had got me knickers in a twist every time I heard a paddy joke I would probably have only lasted 19 days there never mind 19 years.

Last edited by willyup; 28-03-11 at 17:14. Reason: To nadd the smiley fella. This thread could get serious! :-)

A story based on the on The Three Little Pigs fairytale was to be allocated in digital book format to primary schools but was banned as the subject matter could offend Muslims it don't get more ridiculous than that I so hate PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    A story based on the on The Three Little Pigs fairytale was to be allocated in digital book format to primary schools but was banned as the subject matter could offend Muslims it don't get more ridiculous than that I so hate PC...
    Now ya see that is just stupidity and that kind of thing will just reverse the development of the human race.

Political Correctness was set up as a way of minimizing offense.
    Being contemptuously insulted has a different manner and is a different matter.

Enjoy the Aussie!!
    Last edited by medicine man; 28-03-11 at 17:21.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    I lived in England for 19 years, if I had got me knickers in a twist every time I heard a paddy joke I would probably have only lasted 19 days there never mind 19 years.

I meant now I live in Ireland don't think its appropriate, unless I'm with friends who I know won't be offended
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

wanted the best 69 (28-03-11)

Reviews

Eh i agree sometimes political correctness can be downright daft but to me it's all to do with the context. For instance i have several English, American, French, German, Aussie and Portugese friends and when we're out together they'll be giving me the bankrupt Paddy pot of gold leprechaun stuff but i'll give as good as i get, tis all a laugh. So long as there's no hate or malice intended it shouldn't be a problem. It should be down to common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    It's a bit like me cracking a Paddy joke,just not on
    I am from an Irish family, we grew up being called tinkers spawn. Its all tired old rubbish, perpetuated by ignorance. Nothing at all to do with humour.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 28-03-11 at 17:36.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

wanted the best 69 (28-03-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHandker View Post
    Eh i agree sometimes political correctness can be downright daft but to me it's all to do with the context. For instance i have several English, American, French, German, Aussie and Portugese friends and when we're out together they'll be giving me the bankrupt Paddy pot of gold leprechaun stuff but i'll give as good as i get, tis all a laugh. So long as there's no hate or malice intended it shouldn't be a problem. It should be down to common sense.
    Talking of being PC how did your prize go?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I am from an Irish family, we grew up being called tinkers spawn. Its all tired old rubbish, perpetuated by ignorance. Nothing at all to do with humour.
    I'm not biased but......sorry don't think I'll be able to see you now......I just can't stop myself !x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Headlad View Post
    So two wrongs make a right then?
    What ??????

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast