Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
Not quite, if you believe the Guardian, and I wouldn't necessarily believe everything I read:

Julian Assange attacks 'rubber-stamp' warrant as he loses extradition battle | Media | guardian.co.uk

If you can't be arsed to read the whole thing, the relevant bit is as follows:

The most serious of the four allegations relates to an accusation that Assange, during a visit to Stockholm in August, had sex with a woman, Miss B, while she was sleeping, without a condom and without her consent. Three counts of sexual assault are alleged by another woman, Miss A. If found guilty of the rape charge he could face up to four years in prison.

Personally, I don't believe that this has the ring of truth about it.

Thanks Scotus.

This clearly stinks of a fix!! I have to admire the guy for having the guts to take on the worlds governments and smear egg all over their faces. However, there was always going to be consequences for that.

The charges look fabricated to me. I can't understand how anyone can have sex with a sleeping woman without waking her!! (Note there is no mention or suggestion of drugging). Having sex without 'consent'? Sweden really seems an uptight place. I wonder to you have to sign a consent form with a girl before you have sex with her in Sweden?

I wish I could believe that Assange will come out a winner but given the powerful forces he is up against, I don't think there is going to be a happpy ending for him.