Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winning the lotto, what would you do?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    Did you hear that a Dublin man won the lotto ( €0.5M ) last week for the 2nd time in 3 years. (€2.8M in 2008).

Well guess what, it wasn’t me. The lucky fecker.
    How the hell does someone win it twice.

4. Not a fan of mercs, but I’d treat myself to one of these ( along with an Audi R8 ) - Sex on wheels.
    I know I’d look like a fecking cock driving one, but damn it I wouldn’t care

Question - how do you know the lucky fecker isn't on this site and a major punter!! Looking at the number of girls some guys have seen, I wouldn't be surprsed if we are in the midst of a few lotto winners!

Thats a sweet , sweet car Rodders. Its the Mercedes SLS and is the new "Gull Wing" which was and is an all time classic in its own right. I'd say it would set you back by anything up to 250,000 Euro !

I'd like to think I'd be sensible about winning the lotto - but i can see myself spending it all on punting!! Is there anything better??
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Rodney69 (20-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Question - how do you know the lucky fecker isn't on this site and a major punter!! Looking at the number of girls some guys have seen, I wouldn't be surprsed if we are in the midst of a few lotto winners!

Thats a sweet , sweet car Rodders. Its the Mercedes SLS and is the new "Gull Wing" which was and is an all time classic in its own right. I'd say it would set you back by anything up to 250,000 Euro !

I'd like to think I'd be sensible about winning the lotto - but i can see myself spending it all on punting!! Is there anything better??
    yes, I just love it's retro look.

And as for 2M being jack shit, I guess it's all relative to your lifestyle. Violette is a classy lady I know and deserves nothing but the best.

But even if never paid tax, I wouldn't earn that much in my lifetime, the hard part would be to stay grounded, maintain a normal lifestyle and make it last. I wouldn't stop working, but maybe would look for something else that gives me more freedom, but still keeps me occupied.
    Thank you all the ladies I had pleasure of meeting. Forever grateful for the memories

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney69 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (20-02-11)

Reviews

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I would continue my job in the fish gutting factory and continue to live in the one up one down terraced house and save it for the grandkids.......yeah right !
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Reviews

2mil at 4% = 80,000/year or 1,600/week. Enough to get by on IMO. Of course, I'm not a politician.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BootSlick55 For This Useful Post:

mellors (20-02-11)

I think the old George Best quote would do it for me:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney69 View Post
    that's brought me back to reality. that's obviously what I would do too, after thinking about it for a while. Thanks Violette.

So what would you do if you won 10m :-)
    I would do the same, seek out a nice investment, live off the interest. Only this time with that amount of money, I would pursue some of my hobbies. Traveling around the world, and living in different cultures. Going into countries and working with charities to help to empower women.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i think to continue working could be a good move to keep oneself grounded etc.
    i cannot agree that €2 million is jack shit, it would be more than enough to live
    a graceful lifestyle?
    Yes, indeed I would seriously enjoy a gracious lifestyle, in addition to doing charitable works.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    The voice of sense Violette.

Now why did you go have have to ruin our fantasies!!
    Sorry!

RETURNING TO THE EMERALD ISLE SHORTLY
    ❤❤❤❤

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:

Rodney69 (20-02-11)

12. Default

It would have to be the new Aston Martin one 77

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecars/one77
    Last edited by dumbreg; 20-02-11 at 14:56.

I would invest part of the money to build few properties over in my country first of all (its because over there you can build 5 with the price of one here, and Ireland doesn't support more properties to be builded unfortunately), and then rent. That will give stability for life I do think so.

Make a swing party and invite my friends on EI ... A big one :-) Just to say good bye to this business

Then, travelling the world ... (so many places I would like to know)

Back to my normal career that I love so much and be happy forever ... €2M would help me lots to back on track with my life LOL xxxx
    Last edited by nick2010; 20-02-11 at 16:01.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nick2010 For This Useful Post:

Rodney69 (20-02-11)

Reviews

Id say the sls would cost a bit more than 250k since the slr cost 650k in ireland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast