Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to have a discussion here ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    It's a great idea Dave.
    Just one minor point, how do you keep those not directly involved on each team from posting?
    they could be like streakers at a match, if caught then you get a ban from all future matches

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    It's a great idea Dave.
    Just one minor point, how do you keep those not directly involved on each team from posting?
    Had been thinking about that, I was going to set up a group, then only members of that group could post. The only members in the group would be the people taking part. Then just set up a link to the group thread in Gen Chat.
    Or Maybe Sam could ask the Techies if its possible to set up a thread only available to selected user ids.

Either would work.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    Had been thinking about that, I was going to set up a group, then only members of that group could post. The only members in the group would be the people taking part. Then just set up a link to the group thread in Gen Chat.
    Or Maybe Sam could ask the Techies if its possible to set up a thread only available to selected user ids.

Either would work.
    Violette and I need to be on the same team please

Good idea sweetie!
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Either would work.
    I think this would just create a 'divide and conquer' mentaility to be honest.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I think this would just create a 'divide and conquer' mentaility to be honest.
    Not sure I follow you Sam, We would need some way of stopping everyone who is not actually taking part in the debate from getting involved. The whole idea here is to have two teams debate an issue. Not a free for all.

Not sure I follow you Sam, We would need some way of stopping everyone who is not actually taking part in the debate from getting involved. The whole idea here is to have two teams debate an issue. Not a free for all.
    I understand fella, but I imagine it would become a free for all.

Reviews

as long as people not debating could still view the debate i wouldnt see a problem with it.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

could you make the thread solely for the two teams for a day ,and then open the thread to us all??????
    a thousand kisses deep..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

[QUOTE=lucy chambers;401646]Violette and I need to be on the same team please .....jesus i must be psychic...........
    a thousand kisses deep..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (17-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I understand fella, but I imagine it would become a free for all.
    Thats why I would do it in a group discussion format, then only the ten people taking part in the debate could actually post in it.

Quote Originally Posted by jayf1 View Post
    as long as people not debating could still view the debate i wouldnt see a problem with it.
    Yeah Jay everyone would be able to view it, just not post.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1dave For This Useful Post:

jayf1 (17-02-11)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast