Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronaldo

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    Ronaldo (the Brazilian one)has retired from all levels of football.He had a 17 year career at the top and is the World Cup Finals top scorer with 15 goals.

Some crackers in there. Notice how many he scored with his so called weaker foot. They are trying to catch us out with number 5 as well. Doesnt look like that was a goal at all

I was in France for the '98 World Cup and saw him when Brazil played Chile he was awesome in that game.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Some player in his day , i remember the hat trick he scored for Madrid in Old Trafford in 2003 . He was subbed with a few mins to go , and was applauded off the field by everyone in the stadium . He could not believe that the United fans were showing their appreciation for him , as no opposition fans had ever done that to him before .
    Last edited by rimmerguy; 14-02-11 at 23:44.
    I have no signature at the moment

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rimmerguy For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (15-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I always enjoyed watching ronaldo play ball no doubt he will go down in football history as one of the greats.

Thought ye re going to say something about Cristiano Ronaldo...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Some player in his day , i remember the hat trick he scored for Madrid in Old Trafford in 2003 . He was subbed with a few mins to go , and was applauded off the field by everyone in the stadium . He could not believe that the United fans were showing their appreciation for him , as no opposition fans had ever done that to him before .
    Seen that hat trick again last night fantastic.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    brilliant at his best...but faded at a young age...remember the 2002 world cup hair???

Worst hair cut ever !

Reviews

Great footballer but like may other before him peaked far too young and was pretty much finished when he was in his prime when he was bombed out of madrid....which has happened to another great in ronaldinho...
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Great footballer but like may other before him peaked far too young and was pretty much finished when he was in his prime when he was bombed out of madrid....which has happened to another great in ronaldinho...
    Being the best striker in World Cup history is no mean feat for someone who was pretty much finished in his prime as you put it. He also scored 100+ goals after being bombed out of Madrid, not a bad tally either for someone pretty much finished in his prime.
    The best striker I have seen, above the likes of Van Basten and Romario, Gerd Muller might have come close, but he was before my time.

As for the hattrick against Utd, here it is:

EDIT: Oh and he will always be Ronaldo for me, the other one can add portuguese or whatever to his name, this is Ronaldo.
    Last edited by corkpunter; 15-02-11 at 23:59.

i was at that match..ronaldo was fuckin untouchable...got a standing ovation from the home fans when he was taken off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast