Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rates of pay

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    I got a Chinese lad this morning. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted so I told him we'd let you all decide for us. I figured that would be fair.

He does washing, ironing, cleaning and insists on calling me Sir.

Thank you all.
    I think I'll call him my butler.
    Your on to a winner there you might just get that gaff ship shape.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by prettywoman View Post
    I think you may need a plan here....
    The cleaner might not know, what you want to keep or throw tbh.... so you may need to sort that yourself. Alternatively, you can buy a lot of boxes, and she could organize your life into them having an itemized list stuck onto them. Then you need to make a promise to yourself to go through one box a day and throw what you don't need.
    Where I would start. First you get her to clean what you use every day: Bathroom and kitchen being number 1. Then you move onto the sitting room and the bedroom you are using. So she can do it bit by bit. You may want a lady friend to tell her what needs doing as it looks like you are clueless lol, or hopefully she can take the incentive herself. Once everything is done you time her how long it takes for her everything, then you add an extra half an hour for extras, if she only comes once a week, like cleaning windows every once in a while, cleaning out the inside of your kitchen cupboard. Deep cleaning your owen. Washing curtains etc.
    I think 2 hours for a 2 bed flat is ample enough (if you want your ironing done, which you would I guess), then 2 1/2 -3 hours. Then add about 20 min per room.
    It really does depend on what you want from her, ask your friends weather they can recommend anybody they use in your area.... It sounds like you will need someone, who is capable of taking an incentive to just do things....
    Good luck and keep us updated.
    Thank you for your helpful post, and I mean that. But you are crazy fot the following reasons.
    1. I am male. I don't care.
    2. If it's been on the floor for the past few years I don't want or need it.
    3. Yes, I agree, my girlfriend is dying to get her hands on this. I am not sure that this is good, but I can't figure out why it isn't
    4. Cleaning windows???? Wtf. Heh
    5. Cleaning the oven. The oven is 8 years old, it is spotless. I used once.
    6. I have no curtains.

Reviews

I can't get anyone to sort out gutters, I've to change my satellite dish, fix the oven, put my boiler back together (broke over Christmas), replace some lights, some of the cameras aren't working. I have enough on my plate without cleaning.
    Shit, I do all my own housework, cooking and washing to. Gutters, satellite dish, gardening I get in people to do any out of the ordinary jobs. Manual work, I work hard enough all week without coming home to work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (10-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I pay 50,i get notes in my letter box at least once a week from cleaners looking for work ,checkout your local shop ,there will be loads of ads there
    a thousand kisses deep..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ric Hardgear For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (10-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dark-knight View Post
    Shit, I do all my own housework, cooking and washing to. Gutters, satellite dish, gardening I get in people to do any out of the ordinary jobs. Manual work, I work hard enough all week without coming home to work.
    Funny, I like fixing things.
    Hate the crappy cleaning jobs.

Reviews

Just after looking around, shit I live in a dump. Dirty dishes on worktop, clothes on kitchen table? clean?, floor wasn't swept since christmas and I own a dog. Must get a WOMAN in for a few hours a week.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (10-02-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Smile

That's some thread you started LoL.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345