Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Belittling of religious people

Reviews

I'm a devotee of Saint Mary Magdalene, the patron saint of the........err ladies who advertise on this site. Patricia is her representative on earth, the high priestess if you wish of the devotion to the physical pleasures that this world has to offer.

Now I humbly ask you to contribute generously in order that we may continue to propagate the faith. Amen.

P.S. I have a headache, so make sure it's a silent collection.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (09-02-11), Nicole (10-02-11)

Reviews

Follower of Dionysus, Aphrodite obviously, but also a devout Catholic.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I'm a devotee of Saint Mary Magdalene, the patron saint of the........err ladies who advertise on this site. Patricia is her representative on earth, the high priestess if you wish of the devotion to the physical pleasures that this world has to offer.

Now I humbly ask you to contribute generously in order that we may continue to propagate the faith. Amen.

P.S. I have a headache, so make sure it's a silent collection.
    Donations to the sperm bank I presume? I'll try to keep it quiet!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

Reviews

Any Catholic or any practitioner of any Christian faith should take a few months to actually read the bible sometime.

Scripture poses lots of difficult questions as what what contemporary worship consists of versus whats actually written in scripture...

...and don't even get me started on Genesis...apparently people used to live to 600 or 700 years old back in them days, Cain and Seth impregnated their wives who just materialised from.....uuuhhh...well it dosent really explain, and then Noah the loveable rogue, himself and his family survive an extinction level event and repopulate the entire planet in about 50 years. But don't take my word for it, listen to this space cadet:

Reviews

What I can't understand is why religious people are so sensitive to jokes about religion.

Is a sense of humour bypass a prerequisite if you are going to be a person of religion?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    What I can't understand is why religious people are so sensitive to jokes about religion.

Is a sense of humour bypass a prerequisite if you are going to be a person of religion?
    Actually yes it is. Humour is irreverent, ie specifically without reverence. You can't have devotion without reverence, hence religious belief precludes a sense of humour....

Reviews

Religious belief is fundamentally ludicrous so, yes, it should be ridiculed. The religious believer, on the other hand, is just trying to get through the day as best he can and should not be... Oh wait, yes. Yes, make fun of them too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Record 2-time E-I Fantasy Football Champion 2010/11, 2013/14
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by robijntje View Post
    It's all about power and knowing how to control the masses. Heck, even the Jews killed off the man that is responsible for contemporary Christianity, just because they were afraid their power was threatened. Is that showing your faith?
    According to the Life of Brian at least, it was actually the (animist) Romans who nobbled old JC
    Joking aside & while I'm not trying to be politically correct & am well aware I'm taking you out of context...but it was comments like that a certain one balled dictator back in the '40s used to create some serious mayhem!!

BTW- Robijntje - interesting handle- Spreek je Nederlands/Is jy Afrikaans??

Reviews

I would class myself as an atheist, I think the idea and fundementals of religion are rediculess to be honest.

Religion just seems to divide people rather than bring them together, most wars and atrocities through out history were done in the name of religion.

While I do not believe in god, I do believe you should love life the best you can, treat people with respect, honesty and you will be rewarded regardless of your beliefs.

I would never ridicule someones religion, what I do find is most religious people seem to look down on anyone with diffent views and are the first to judge others.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    According to the Life of Brian at least, it was actually the (animist) Romans who nobbled old JC
    Joking aside & while I'm not trying to be politically correct & am well aware I'm taking you out of context...but it was comments like that a certain one balled dictator back in the '40s used to create some serious mayhem!!

BTW- Robijntje - interesting handle- Spreek je Nederlands/Is jy Afrikaans??
    Well, certainly the man you speak of had some serious issues... and what he does can be compared to the church today actually: putting things out of context, imprinting your own ideas and justifications on the masses to 'inspire' them and fill their heads. Take interesting facts, add your own stories to the mix and there we go... one world dictator at your service!

I do speak Dutch yes, I'm not African but I do understand it
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast