Thread: Dannyboy 10 Banned

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    Remind me doc. to get a second opinion when I next see you
    Just can't get good staff anymore mark .: lol doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    You wouldnt be sharing info that was sent to Danny via pm on the boards here Lucy would you?
    Yes that is the case, however we (as a group) decided it might be in Dannys best interest to take a time out as his attitude was getting worse. At the moment he is on a temp ban for a week but this may be shortened after another meating of mods and management
    How the hell could I share a PM with a banned user? Since I cant bloody PM him that could be hard, eh? And you can send me a real infraction if you like, for an imaginary PM.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 04-02-11 at 13:30.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Bring back Danny and start banning some of the shit stirrers! We know who they are, Mods know who they are but for some reason they can't be touched!

Rant over I'm going back by the pool.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

dannyboy10 (04-02-11), Lucy Chambers (04-02-11), Shirley Joy (04-02-11)

Default Abuse of Process

I have some thoughts on this issue that become more pressing as the bans around here are handed down with greater ease.

Certain mods here are fair, they argue therir points when they have to and they are firm when they have to be so. I have never seen these mods infract anyone, merely erase posts and move things as appropriate. This is always preferable to the heavy handed approach shown my another mod, who I shall come to next.

Dannyboy10 recieved a warning yesterday, and was told that while it was an infraction it was not meant as such and that it would be 'sorted'. In the meantime he started his thread about aoplogising to the mystery persons he insulted. He then recieved another infraction, resulting in an automatic ban. This has of course not been reversed, merely left until the managers and infraction giving mod have a meeting. I would wonder if it is a meeting caused by said mods incompetence, but that is not my look out.

Is it fair or just that a mod can take a dislike to you and these things should happen? I think not, but its happened three times in one month. Enough is enough. I am going to PM management but I will also say it here, if mods cant be impartial it is time they stood down. You cannot act in this manner and expect people to swallow it.

I shall not post again, it seems pointless. If management allow this infraction to remain, collegue or no collegue, you are collectively allowing this bullying of someone else.

Thanks to the managers, I am aware that this is a crap job and posts like this dont help, but this is wrong.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

An don (04-02-11), ChiefHandker (04-02-11), El Gordo (04-02-11), Shirley Joy (04-02-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Is danny hated by many? He is occasionally annoying, but I never got the impression that he was widely hated. Outside of yourself, who actually hates him?
    I have always found him entertaining - have to be able to give and take on a site like this - perhaps some need to grow up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I have some thoughts on this issue that become more pressing as the bans around here are handed down with greater ease.

Certain mods here are fair, they argue therir points when they have to and they are firm when they have to be so. I have never seen these mods infract anyone, merely erase posts and move things as appropriate. This is always preferable to the heavy handed approach shown my another mod, who I shall come to next.

Dannyboy10 recieved a warning yesterday, and was told that while it was an infraction it was not meant as such and that it would be 'sorted'. In the meantime he started his thread about aoplogising to the mystery persons he insulted. He then recieved another infraction, resulting in an automatic ban. This has of course not been reversed, merely left until the managers and infraction giving mod have a meeting. I would wonder if it is a meeting caused by said mods incompetence, but that is not my look out.

Is it fair or just that a mod can take a dislike to you and these things should happen? I think not, but its happened three times in one month. Enough is enough. I am going to PM management but I will also say it here, if mods cant be impartial it is time they stood down. You cannot act in this manner and expect people to swallow it.

I shall not post again, it seems pointless. If management allow this infraction to remain, collegue or no collegue, you are collectively allowing this bullying of someone else.

Thanks to the managers, I am aware that this is a crap job and posts like this dont help, but this is wrong.
    Lucy if you wish to PM me I am on Duty. I have not fully looked at what happened yesterday, as I was off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vampirejackie For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (04-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Bring back Danny and start banning some of the shit stirrers! We know who they are, Mods know who they are but for some reason they can't be touched!

Rant over I'm going back by the pool.

CG
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post

I think we said the same thing there Ms Chambers (but you put it so much more eloquently) and I am also going to leave it there because after picking up another infraction for sticking up for that bloody cat I don't need another one.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

11. The Following User Says Thank You to City Gent For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (04-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    I think we said the same thing there Ms Chambers (but you put it so much more eloquently) and I am also going to leave it there because after picking up another infraction for sticking up for that bloody cat I don't need another one.

CG
    I am going to Lock this thread for the moment, as there have been some personal attacks on here, and I would like chance to look at what happened yesterday without any more comments on here. I will post back on here later on once I have looked at what happened.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910