Thread: Why is posting links elsewhere to dodgy profiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Its just the rules An Don
    You know the rules as good as everyone else
    It should be allowed to post links to other websites when it is in the greater good of the community.

I can understand not allowing promotion of another site but warning people regarding misrepresentations on other sites should be allowed.

Some rules shouldn't be so black and white, common sense should be used and prevail in situations like this, I also understand mods are doing their jobs by issuing infractions for breaking the rules, but when the rules are wrong mods should also have the courage to change them.

We all are aware of all the other sites competing with E-I and we choose E-I over them, every time someone googles the services offered on this site all the competing sites appear, so it would be impossible for people not to know about them, the warning section should be used not only to warn about issues relevant to E-I but to issues relevant to the posters on E-I.

Why should warnings have to be passed round by pm as if we were in school hiding note from teachers? isn't it better for every one to see what it's going on in the industry??

If this is allowed to be the case E-I may see their traffic increase by showing the flaws with other sites where you cannot voice you concerns.

Censorship is never good and in the end everyone ends up loosing out.
    Last edited by hornylimerick; 22-01-11 at 08:56.