Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yay - You can now by the morning after pill over the counter in Ireland!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Considering how long it to the pharmacies to sell comdoms, I would say this is a rather rapid improvement. Good on Boots. They might even want to go so far as to sell a "The Night Before, and The Morning After Kits" With condoms, deo, disposable panty, a taxi voucher, flat slip ons and a pill.
    That sounds a brilliant idea. Presumably the pill belongs to the "Night before kit"? Us guys would never think of things like flat slip ons! You should patent the idea before someone steals it!
    Last edited by Morpheus; 11-01-11 at 18:45.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Considering how long it to the pharmacies to sell comdoms, I would say this is a rather rapid improvement. Good on Boots. They might even want to go so far as to sell a "The Night Before, and The Morning After Kits" With condoms, deo, disposable panty, a taxi voucher, flat slip ons and a pill.
    You could be on to a money maker your not just a pretty face but a very good business woman.

Reviews

Yeah, this one is WAY overdue!

Me and an ex girlfriend had to go through the whole procedure about 3 1/2 years ago. The VERY FIRST TIME we had sex together, sure enough, I had my ONLY EVER incident of a condom breaking on me. I hadn't even cum yet, and I realized it right away and pulled it out, but she absolutely freaked. It was about 3AM on a Friday night at this point, and she was going mental, worrying about the possibility of being pregnant, which would've been a very serious problem, primarily because she was MARRIED (and NOT to me ).

So we had to go to the clinic with no appointment, wait a few hours, pay nearly DOUBLE the fee to see the doctor because it was the weekend (which was something like 80 quid), plus another 15 then for the pill itself at the chemist.

So yes, hearing that no other people will have to go through that particular nightmare ever again in this country is truly a relief-- but I'll still never get that 80 quid back!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Yeah, this one is WAY overdue!

Me and an ex girlfriend had to go through the whole procedure about 3 1/2 years ago. The VERY FIRST TIME we had sex together, sure enough, I had my ONLY EVER incident of a condom breaking on me. I hadn't even cum yet, and I realized it right away and pulled it out, but she absolutely freaked. It was about 3AM on a Friday night at this point, and she was going mental, worrying about the possibility of being pregnant, which would've been a very serious problem, primarily because she was MARRIED (and NOT to me ).

So we had to go to the clinic with no appointment, wait a few hours, pay nearly DOUBLE the fee to see the doctor because it was the weekend (which was something like 80 quid), plus another 15 then for the pill itself at the chemist.

So yes, hearing that no other people will have to go through that particular nightmare ever again in this country is truly a relief-- but I'll still never get that 80 quid back!
    i had to re=read that to believe that it was only 3 1/2 years ago. sounds like something out of the dark ages. and fuckin 80 quid to boot???? that doctor should have got a kick up the hole for charging that
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

The dark days are over, the catholic church are loseing their strangle hold on the country. Hopefuly countrys like the philippines will follow.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

aml (11-01-11), bhoywonder (11-01-11)

Reviews

well as backwards as you think the catholic church is (and it is) just thank god (!!!) that you weren't brought up in an islamic state
    see you next tuesday

Reviews

Sweet merciful God and all that's holy, don't you people realise that the purpose of shagging is to procreate. Look at the wee animals of the field, the birds of the air, and all that creeps and crawls upon the land and swims within the seas........they don't go to friging pharmacists after they've had a good bonk.

Stop putting chemicals into your bodies for they are the temples of your souls........or some such shite.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    i had to re=read that to believe that it was only 3 1/2 years ago. sounds like something out of the dark ages. and fuckin 80 quid to boot???? that doctor should have got a kick up the hole for charging that
    Yep, that's about what it cost alright. We went in around 11am on a Saturday, and it was because we were in during off-hours that it cost so much for the appointment. it would've been more like 40 to see the GP if it had been during the week. I went in with her to talk with the GP, and it wasn't so bad-- at least the GP wasn't judgemental or rude about anything, and didn't act reluctant to give over the prescription for the pill. It was just the fact that we had to take the time and the extra money for the GP visit which was the worst part. So I basically spent 100 quid between the GP visit and the pill itself. Stll, I suppose it was worth the money to avoid an unwanted pregnancy!

But all the same, I'm really glad to see that Boots has started to sell the pill over the counter, will save folks all that hassle I'd gone through, and the cost of the rushed GP visit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12