Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Gerry was a coke head

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    That doesn't make him a bad person

CG
    I never said he was a bad person,but he was hypocritical and he was a person who made bad choices and has to live or in this case die with the consequences
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I never said he was a bad person,but he was hypocritical and he was a person who made bad choices and has to live or in this case die with the consequences
    Sorry Ber that wasn't a dig just my poor attempt at a little humour.

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Everyone does this. dare I say it but, even you, Ber.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by City Gent View Post
    Sorry Ber that wasn't a dig just my poor attempt at a little humour.

CG
    I have no problem with a person having different opinions to me or in expressing said opinions so in any case u would have nothing to apologise for,im always up for a debate once its on the issue and not a personal slagging match
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

u would have nothing to apologise for,im always up for a debate once its on the issue and not a personal slagging match
    OK Ber I get your drift I can say "that's a load of bollix" but not "your a load of bollix" even when I'm talking bollix myself lol

CG
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools talk because they have to say something:
    Plato

Reviews

Reading the papers today , i cant help but feel for Gerry and the immense pressures he was under for the majority of his working life . He was the reason why 2FM was so popular , the massive sponsorship that his programme drew in yr after yr and the responsability that rested on his shoulders to make sure that that income kept coming in . Is it any wonder that the man lived life the way he did , top restaurants , wines , whiskeys and unfortunately cocaine .... 2 grand a week on the stuff according to latest news stories .
    Xmas time on Gerrys show was always enjoyable , remember Santas sack and the super gifts he would give away to most callers in the weeks leading up to chrimbo . I also remember the thousands of people he helped over the 20 yrs on air , and the very last caller he helped was a guy who couldn't raise 250 quid to buy a new kit for the under 12s football team in a dublin club . Needless to say by the end of that show , that team had new kit , boots , footballs all thanks to Gerry and that's how i'll remember him
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Reading the papers today , i cant help but feel for Gerry and the immense pressures he was under for the majority of his working life . He was the reason why 2FM was so popular , the massive sponsorship that his programme drew in yr after yr and the responsability that rested on his shoulders to make sure that that income kept coming in . Is it any wonder that the man lived life the way he did , top restaurants , wines , whiskeys and unfortunately cocaine .... 2 grand a week on the stuff according to latest news stories .
    Xmas time on Gerrys show was always enjoyable , remember Santas sack and the super gifts he would give away to most callers in the weeks leading up to chrimbo . I also remember the thousands of people he helped over the 20 yrs on air , and the very last caller he helped was a guy who couldn't raise 250 quid to buy a new kit for the under 12s football team in a dublin club . Needless to say by the end of that show , that team had new kit , boots , footballs all thanks to Gerry and that's how i'll remember him
    Depending on which Sunday paper you read Gerry was either spending 2 grand a week on coke or he was getting it for nothing from a" close friend".Whatever the truth is he was an extrovert controversial guy and definitely is a loss on the airwaves.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

2 grand a week-about 50 grams a week-that is a habit!
    and he probabaly felt wretched during it all!

Different substance-but this level of abuse with alcohol
    is all too familiar in this society.
    Last edited by warmcome; 12-12-10 at 17:27.

Reviews

It was well known around Dublin Gerry did Coke,but what is the point in bringing this out into the public domain,the shame and ridicule it will bring on his family/kids,for what????????????

not really following this but........what sort of financial state has he left his ex wife and kids in does anybody know........and by know i mean know .....not someone surmising just to seem clued in and intelligent- thank u not

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast