I must say it really gets on my nerves when I hear nerdy little gits talking about people as "human resources." The whole human resources ideology is based on regarding workers as "things" for profit. Its based on a business ontology, where everything in the would is to be regarded as instruments of profit. Profit is taken to be the only true value, and all other values must take second place to the drive for profit. Democracy is seen as only being valid where it tends to assist in the making of profit. If it impares profiteering in any way, then it is considered to be illigitmate.

What really interesting is that those trained in "human resources management" know that this instrumentalist world view does not sit very well with sane human beings - so their main task is to fool workers into thinking that they are "stakeholders" in the company they work for. In reality, they are not. They are merely "resources" just like a lump of iron would be. To be used when profitable, and disregarded when not.