Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual Mediums

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    The contact from my brother was not through a medium. I am very spirtually aware and have developed this over years with certain hobbies of mine. Yes it did freak me out at the time, but it actually in the long term, helped me resolve allot of problems I had been holding in from when he died.
    Some could say this was my own sub concious telling me what i wanted to here, but i choose to beleive in what i thought it was.

There is never a right or wrong answer with this type of topic as it will never be scientifically proven!
    Thanks Jackie Personally I am open minded about Spirituality and I have spoken to people in the past who were thoroughly convinced by the medium. They were told things that the medium would have no way of knowing about in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dub1 For This Useful Post:

vampirejackie (30-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I would fall over laughing after they get everything wrong. They may get a few simple things right, but that would be it.
    They won't get everything totally wrong.

They are very skilled at phrasing so that there are multiple meanings to any of their pronouncements.

Have a look at some of Derren Brown's stuff. Absolutely amazing, but there's nothing spiritual there.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    Thanks Jackie Personally I am open minded about Spirituality and I have spoken to people in the past who were thoroughly convinced by the medium. They were told things that the medium would have no way of knowing about in advance.
    I have seen an illusionist on stage freak out some people because they thought the same.

But he told them what he was doing was just trickery.

I normally like to keep an open mind about all things, but this is one instance I can not. These people are preying on vulnerable people, people who have lost loved ones, and it is just not right.

Reviews

The original subject matter of this thread is something I have considerable experience of. My advice to people is to view it intelligently with a positive, open mind. If you cannot do that then leave well enough alone and walk away.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkeye View Post
    !" Edwards: "Yes, that's him...he lived a long and happy life". A.M "Well, not really, he died tragically at the age of 50" Edwards: "Anyone else?"
    Is fifty not a long life

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    I know I have had past lives, and I have personally had contact from my brother who is passed over. I dont care if no one else beleives in what I have experienced. Its real to me and has had quite a significant impact on my own life.
    I got interested in spiritualism through a fascination with parapsychology. I don't mean to be disrespectful to your brother's memory and am asking in general, but how can any contactee be sure that it's the person they're hoping for, and not someone (or more worryingly, something) else masquerading as them?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (30-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Maybe a medium or someone like it can provide hope for those that need it. But the fact that someone lies his hope in someone that is just playing tricks, is a crime on behalf of the medium.

False hope is maybe hope after all, but do you really want your loved one who has passed away to have nothing better to do than communicate with some douchebag?
    Is this the land where sun brightly shines, is this the existence of a heaven's sign?
    Is this the locus the hallowed focus, where grace love and harmony combine?

Rotting Christ - Nemecic

Who Am I? A son of northern darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I got interested in spiritualism through a fascination with parapsychology. I don't mean to be disrespectful to your brother's memory and am asking in general, but how can any contactee be sure that it's the person they're hoping for, and not someone (or more worryingly, something) else masquerading as them?
    I honestly dont know Mousey, and a good question. I guess for me it was what was said, that meant the right things to me

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post

I normally like to keep an open mind about all things, but this is one instance I can not. These people are preying on vulnerable people, people who have lost loved ones, and it is just not right.
    I agree with that to some extent. I wouldn't go to see one now, as I have lost loved ones. At the time I did visit one, I hadn't. I am very cynical by nature but grief can skew your judgement.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    my friend convinced me to see one 2 weeks ago he came to my place 60 Euro he told me certain people were protecting me 2 Angels names meant nothing to me really to be brief for me it was a total waste of money....
    They probably stopped protecting you are you tried to steal their knickers.

Westside.

PS you need all the protecting you can have because your place is haunted.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 30-10-10 at 11:54.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast