Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So any of you Lisbon Yes voters see anything money or jobs coming?

Totally different world neverming the EU from when that was voted upon. No idea what you were told or promised in the Lisbon treaty, but I'm pretty sure this country would be fucked even more if we didnt have the EU behind us.

As for the welfare thing, I'd like to see the work for your welfare thing introduced for long term unemployed(over a year). It cant be healthy to any individual to do nothing actually I'd imagine its down right depressing to sit and not contribute to society. And on the other side, alot of people are still working while claiming, so hopefully it could end that.

As a rule though, I do think the social welfare system in Ireland is kinda messed up, theres too much of a reward in this country to not work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
    Totally different world neverming the EU from when that was voted upon. No idea what you were told or promised in the Lisbon treaty, but I'm pretty sure this country would be fucked even more if we didnt have the EU behind us.

As for the welfare thing, I'd like to see the work for your welfare thing introduced for long term unemployed(over a year). It cant be healthy to any individual to do nothing actually I'd imagine its down right depressing to sit and not contribute to society. And on the other side, alot of people are still working while claiming, so hopefully it could end that.

As a rule though, I do think the social welfare system in Ireland is kinda messed up, theres too much of a reward in this country to not work.
    Well as far as the EU goes i think,like anything else there is a line and i think we have crossed that line and given too much power to the EU. I would much prefer and i think it would be better for us ,to see a stronger alliance between ourselves, the UK and the US. These were and more than likely always will be our main trading partners.

Im not saying leave the EU but i am saying draw the line.

As far as the work for your welfare goes and our social welfare system, attack those who have no intentions of working and not those that do and cant get work. The guys you see heading into the off licence and pub after collecting their dole. These are the ppl that should be attacked on not ppl who would work.

The problem with the work for the dole stuff isnt you are in fact working for less than your dole unless you can walk to work. Travel expenses will come out of the money. Whats wrong with say the employer giving say one third of the rate of the dole? So a person will now be working for their dole plus have a little extra.Wouldnt this be a wiser approach? In any event these WPP are only 9 month duration with no promise of a job at the end of it. It is only delaying the inevitable ,that is the fact that the gov will HAVE TO create jobs. There is no way around this. They have to find a way to do this and that way imho is to make this country cheaper and more attractive to investment all the while building our own domestic industries.

We are a small open economy ideally situated for trade between the US, UK and EU countries. We shouldnt be in any mess.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 16-10-10 at 18:49.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    No we elect politicians to run the economy and stablise it in order to give ppl the means to get off their asses to begin with. The gov arent providing these means and going back to what i said, promised these means if we voted for Lisbon. Where are the means for someone to run a business for scratch with higher taxes, cuts, NAMA, higher insurance? Wheres the incentive to get ppl to work by getting them to work for their welfare? I bet a lot of the smart asses who are employed shouting for unemployed to get off their asses ,would dive for the chance to work for welfare.

Westside.
    at the end of the day there are three types of people, those that can, those that can't and those that won't. You have to ask yourself which one are you. if it's one of the last two then find out why and change it.

don't be worried if the govt isn't doing as promised and just giving everyone a job, that is something called reality. I know it sucks but you have to just deal with it by doing your very best to succeed. Some of the best companies in the world were started in recessions with little more than a couple of quid, you don't need loans and tax breaks to start a company.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    at the end of the day there are three types of people, those that can, those that can't and those that won't. You have to ask yourself which one are you. if it's one of the last two then find out why and change it.

don't be worried if the govt isn't doing as promised and just giving everyone a job, that is something called reality. I know it sucks but you have to just deal with it by doing your very best to succeed. Some of the best companies in the world were started in recessions with little more than a couple of quid, you don't need loans and tax breaks to start a company.
    Yes but you do need credit to start a business. You also need motivated employees. You also need customers and consumer spending and all three are in a mess right now with the gov doing nothing but making it worse. This is the reality of it since you mention it.

Westside.

Reviews

I voted no both times and I know that by now the whole bloody country will claim to have voted no - we are deep in the shit and the next budget will put the squeeze on big time -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123