Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a nice way to say it?

Show some tact. Offer to go running with her, or swimming. Just don't say the f word.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I've a close female friend whose gone through a very rough period in her life with divorce custody of the kids etc but over the last few months she has ballooned totally I mean u could carry a bag of coal home on her arse like from hot to not she brings up the subject of weight & what do I think I always change the subject but I'm too straightforward shes asking it more & more she'll ask me again tonight, how do I tell her nicely to lay off the swiss rolls?
    kelly and violette have giving you the best advice here EP...its a tough call but i would go with what kelly and violette have posted best of luck...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post:

Violette (12-10-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Show some tact. Offer to go running with her, or swimming. Just don't say the f word.
    hey Lucy when you say don't say the F word i agree not to mention fat......but fart might do no harm it might just be wind she has.............sorry couldn't help myself there do forgive me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Lucy just reminded me of an app for the iphone/ipod called something like "couch to 5k" to help motivate people to start running, it might be a good idea to do it with your friend at the start

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    kelly and violette have giving you the best advice here EP...its a tough call but i would go with what kelly and violette have posted best of luck...
    sure I will Harry always takes a woman to come up the ideal words I must hide my Coffee Cake though....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Experienced Punter esq For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (12-10-10)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Violette View Post
    Be nice, but honest. Try something along the lines, of: "You have been going through a rough time lately, maybe it is time to focus on yourself. Get yourself back in shape, regain your confidence." Etc, etc, etc.
    Good advice. Tell her that working out will take her mind off things and give her a more positive mental attitude as well as making her feel great.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber Sweetpetite For This Useful Post:

Dirty Harry (12-10-10), Experienced Punter esq (12-10-10)

Blog Entries

I've a close female friend whose gone through a very rough period in her life with divorce custody of the kids etc but over the last few months she has ballooned totally I mean u could carry a bag of coal home on her arse like from hot to not she brings up the subject of weight & what do I think I always change the subject but I'm too straightforward shes asking it more & more she'll ask me again tonight, how do I tell her nicely to lay off the swiss rolls?
    Dont tell her. Let her ask. If she asks then answer her honestly and if she doesnt then dont bother with the issue. This way you wont step on her toes afterall you are only answering her qs.

One other thing. Does she ask you a lot of things about herself and are you the kind of guy that gives an answer because its nice rather than the truth? If so i would stay clear of the issue anyway because she might simply be asking you these things in order to get a soft answer back that justifies her doing it. Not saying that this is the case but just be careful if it is because you will end up falling out.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    One other thing. Does she ask you a lot of things about herself and are you the kind of guy that gives an answer because its nice rather than the truth? If so i would stay clear of the issue anyway because she might simply be asking you these things in order to get a soft answer back that justifies her doing it. Not saying that this is the case but just be careful if it is because you will end up falling out.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    no West I'm gonna empathise with her situation I said this earlier I wanna be rational nodding my head smiling giving her sympathy is not my style unless its a situation in life u have no control over, pity only has the result of making people home in on their own negativity - straight talker me....

Blog Entries

no West I'm gonna empathise with her situation I said this earlier I wanna be rational nodding my head smiling giving her sympathy is not my style unless its a situation in life u have no control over, pity only has the result of making people home in on their own negativity - straight talker me....
    Well if your a straight talker then only answer what she asks you and let her bring up the qs. This way youll avoid putting your foot in it.

Westside.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Tell her "your beautiful and sure we all could spend a little more time in the gym".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast