Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So called dangerous dogs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Cop So called dangerous dogs.

I was walking my guy today and a collie comes over, no lead on him and tries to get stuck in my guy who was on a lead. Nothing too bad, my guy butted him a bit and he ran off to the owner.

A few weeks back a Retriever charges at my guy at speed from a distance, dips under to try and catch him by the chest and ended up with his ear caught in my guys mouth. I managed to pull my guy off before he decided enough was enough.

Heres my problem. You have dominate breeds of dogs but you also have dominant dogs. My guy isnt a dominant dog but some are. Why dont these owners mind their dogs properly? In both of these cases my guy would have finished them off in a snap or two.

I have had Alsations, Huskies and Rotweilers come over to my guy and never a prob. All so called dangerous breeds. Ok i have to watch my guy close even with these ones just in case one of them decides to get stuck in him. But never any probs.

My point is its always the so called respectable owners and so called harmless breeds that cause the probs. Never the "dangerous" ones. If the collie this morning was killed then the newspapers will be plastered with "poor harmless collie killed by by ravaging bull". Nobody sees what causes it. Nobody sees the jogger kicking at the dog to hunt him away while he is watching them next to his own residence. Nobody sees the so called harmless dog charge and try and bite the so called dangerous one.

Im getting sick shit of it sometimes. If i had my way i would let my guy off the lead and f 'them.

annoying,
    Westside.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

jayf1 (11-10-10)

Blog Entries

I think you should rename this thread "So called responsible owners"..........

It's their fault, not the dogs or breed. You were responsible enough to have your dog under control, regardless of the breed, other owners should do the same, regardless of the breed.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

IMO the most vicious fecker of a breed out there is the Labrador especially the Black ones for some reason, I wouldn't trust one near my house, way too contrary and one minute they would be docile the next showing there teeth in anger.. Hate them.. Some sites list them as family friendly but a higher percentage don't even have them in their top 10 which is the more accurate I would say..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    IMO the most vicious fecker of a breed out there is the Labrador especially the Black ones for some reason, I wouldn't trust one near my house, way too contrary and one minute they would be docile the next showing there teeth in anger.. Hate them.. Some sites list them as family friendly but a higher percentage don't even have them in their top 10 which is the more accurate I would say..
    Interestingly enough, anotehr breed i have no issue with. I spoke with a guy that had two black labradors for about twenty mins and the dogs took no notice of each other.

I agree with the black labs over the Golden labs.Boxers are the same. The brindle are alot worse than the reds when it comes to temperment. Having said that there is a diff between a dog who is a domineering and a dog who just happens to be part of a known breed. The problem is if a dog is domineering he will try to bully or fight off the other dog and if the other dog is a fighting type breed then he will kill the domineering one if your not careful.

Westside

Blog Entries

I've had black and golden and have been around both colours all my life and never an issue but I would say it's not always in the breed. Temprament can be conditioned by training, or lack of. Also be the treatment of an individual dog........

If you were beaten, starved, abused or kicked in the nuts every day would you still be smiling???

Maybe it's a species thing for you Anon...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Most people aren't even aware there are rules regarding certain breeds of dog with on the spot fines of €30 for breaching them, I blame the Gardai for not enforcing them.

Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998) impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog in Ireland:
    • American Pit Bull Terrier
    • English Bull Terrier
    • Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • Bull Mastiff
    • Dobermann Pinscher
    • German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    • Rhodesian Ridgeback
    • Rottweiler
    • Japanese Akita
    • Japanese Tosa
    • Bandog
    The rules state that:
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.

Blog Entries

Most people aren't even aware there are rules regarding certain breeds of dog with on the spot fines of €30 for breaching them, I blame the Gardai for not enforcing them.

Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998) impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog in Ireland:
    • American Pit Bull Terrier
    • English Bull Terrier
    • Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • Bull Mastiff
    • Dobermann Pinscher
    • German Shepherd (Alsatian)
    • Rhodesian Ridgeback
    • Rottweiler
    • Japanese Akita
    • Japanese Tosa
    • Bandog
    The rules state that:
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place
    • These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.
    Hold on one fuckin second now. All dogs are to be kept within the control of the owner at all times and a dog off a lead in a public place isnt under the control of the owner. Thats the first thing. The second thing is if a dog attacks one of these dogs and its on a lead. If one of the above metnioned dogs is on a lead and a dog attacks it but is off a lead then in a court it balance of responsabilities will come into it. So who isnt neglecting mostly here? The owner of the dangerous breed has his dog on a leash so even if its not muzzled it is still within his control but the other dog isnt under any control and is the one who came over.

This reminds me of that dickhead of a fine gael fool that wanted all oif the above breeds banned from public places in Cork. He was all rules and regulations until some bright spark (hint) brought to his attention the fact that in his beloved homeland ,quite a few of his neighbours dogs roam loosely on the ROADS. What a dickhead and course he shut his mouth then because he will loose seats by interefering with his neighbours. God that guy that shut him up was bright one indeed.

You see what makes me laugh is the way ppl bend the above laws to suit themselves. Its ok for the above to be muzzled and to be leased but its also ok for the other breeds to be off leash. You cant have it both ways. Whats more dangerous? A dog roaming around a public roadside or a dog not muzzled but within the control of its owner at all times? Do ppl think i want to walk me dog around Patrick st or somewhere where a person will come in close contact with him? Er nope.

Another thing 99% of dog owners shouldnt have their dogs in public to begin with because they havnt got a dog license.

Westside.

PS no law can force a person to give their name and address out to the public whether on a dogs collar or otherwise. Thats why cars have reg numbers.

I like dogs to have a bit of spunk and aggression to them.

The best dog I had was the one that tore open my skin all over my back for no reason other than I went out to try to help mum get him tied to his leash at night when I was 11 years old. I still don't really know why he did it.

If he had a huge bone, nobody would dare go near him. He would let out this really loud, really deep growl, not like a normal growl but a REALLY loud/deep one. Even if you had no intention of touching his bone and just wanted to get something at that part of the room or something you couldn't do it or would have to be really careful. I never wanted to speak to an animal more than when I wanted to tell him "Sam, I don't want your bone, I want to get to the fridge!!!", but I couldn't do it!!!

Once for some reason his bone went underneath our shed and he couldn't get it. My dad put his hand under the shed to get it for him and he bit his hand... lol. That's gratitude.

But he was a great dog. When you came home he would get so excited it was ridiculous. He would go crazy excited and jump up at you constantly for at least five minutes.

Once when we went on holidays we put him with a group that look after dogs when their owners are away. Sam went along and was nice and friendly to them there when we showed we were friends. However as soon as he realized we were gone, they told us he got extremely paranoid and growling and wouldn't let them pet him or anything. He wouldn't run around like the other dogs.

Another time, (unfortunately my parents were trying to get rid of him by this stage, I have never forgiven them for this).... there was a man who came to try to take him away with him, "adopt" him. And Sam blew his top, he went crazy on him and tore apart the sleeve of his jacket. I was so proud of him that day when I found out what happened.

If you did something to piss my dog off, he wouldn't like you for it and wouldn't forget it. He might growl and threaten to bite you. I'm glad for that... I hope the aggressive instinct isn't being bred out of dogs, when dogs are aggressive 99%+ of the time they SHOULD be aggressive. You shouldn't ever blame the dog. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners.

I would hate to have a dog that was always afraid to stand up for himself, how can you ever have a relationship with an animal that is just afraid of you? You can't. It only means something if the dog could bite your face off if he chose to, but instead it was more like you trying to stop him from licking your face (which he would almost forcibly do sometimes as well).

However all of these things apply to smaller dogs of course, not big rottweilers who could kill you. I would never want one of them to have thoughts of attacking me for any reason, because I mightn't ever come out of it...

When I was very small (from when I was born), we had another bigger dog that used to fight other dogs but never ever would show any aggression to us. I remember being with him on our lawn when he was about the same height as me, and he was such a calm, nice guy. But when the other dogs came around to our place (which they would in a certain wooded area), he would go crazy after them. I greatly like and appreciate that type of dog as well, a dog doesn't HAVE to be aggressive, but I'm just saying that it certainly isn't always a bad thing.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 12-10-10 at 00:36.

The problem with popular breeds (ex; labrador,collies...) is that they have been degenerated by inner family cross breeding (brother with sister, father with daughter....) and so on.
    the result is that breeders can have more puppies for sale and that they tend to look better.the biggest downside is that usually theses dogs have big emotional problems to say the least. In short they are "degenerated morons".
    On top of that, you add the ignorance of the owner, and then you have a real time bomb on your hand.
    Watch the dog whisperer , the stupidity and ignorance of some dog owners is trully mind boggling, It almost makes you feel like an ownership test prior to getting a dog is necessary, but that would be adding more control of our lives to the state that has already too much.(in my opinion)

Reviews

OMG that is a big shock thats the first time that i have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about a Labrador i had a black one and it was the most lovely friendly dog i also had a golden labradore again never had any problems with them all the kids use to love the golden labradore..but the black labradore was a bitch and was a great watch dog but was very frendly with anyone that i invited into the house .....well she did hate the postman but what dog dosen't...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast