Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Carnage On Our Roads

Reviews

Thumbs up

At the end of the day it is all down to personal responsibility,whether its the wearing of seatbelts, driving at an appropriate speed for the prevailing road conditions or being sober while driving. The significant reduction in yearly road deaths is mainly due to the professionalism of the Gardai. The Gardai Traffic Corps are very visible in the Dublin area and their presence makes people more conscious of their driving . The strong enforcement of the Anti Drink Driving Laws through checkpoints and the use of breathalysers has forced car users to think twice about driving under the influence. So ppl should give credit where credit is due because who knows maybe one of our loved ones live's has being spared because of the good work of the boys in blue.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dub1 For This Useful Post:

dr love (10-10-10), Experienced Punter esq (11-10-10), Paddii (10-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    At the end of the day it is all down to personal responsibility,whether its the wearing of seatbelts, driving at an appropriate speed for the prevailing road conditions or being sober while driving. The significant reduction in yearly road deaths is mainly due to the professionalism of the Gardai. The Gardai Traffic Corps are very visible in the Dublin area and their presence makes people more conscious of their driving . The strong enforcement of the Anti Drink Driving Laws through checkpoints and the use of breathalysers has forced car users to think twice about driving under the influence. So ppl should give credit where credit is due because who knows maybe one of our loved ones live's has being spared because of the good work of the boys in blue.
    Just wish they'd bring in zero tolerance for drink driving. One drink is one too many

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paddii For This Useful Post:

up for it (10-10-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    sentiments of all in the medicial proffesion.well said dub1.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

dub1 (10-10-10)

Blog Entries

Drink driving........
    Speed..........
    Recklessness......
    Inexperience.......
    Bravado......

But mostly..................stupidity.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Nothing pisses me off more than people in the outside lane of a motorway who try to police the speed limit . I have an extremely powerful and safe motor which is stock. The biggest problem in this country is people who dont know the rules of the road.
    28 PEOPLE LAST YEAR GOT PENALTY POINTS FOR DRIVING AROUND ROUDYBOUTS THE WRONG WAY... now for ffs how do u do that and they were not foreigners
    Last edited by An don; 10-10-10 at 23:22.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to An don For This Useful Post:

dub1 (10-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Nothing pisses me off more than people in the outside lane of a motorway who try to police the speed limit . I have an extremely powerful and safe motor which is stock. The biggest problem in this country is people who dont know the rules of the road.
    28 PEOPLE LAST YEAR GOT PENALTY POINTS FOR DRIVING AROUND ROUDYBOUTS THE WRONG WAY... now for ffs how do u do that and they were not foreigners
    That is hard to do, especially as the road naturally leans to the right on a roundabout to guide u the right way, and you would have to manoeuvre very elaborately to go the wrong way. So maybe they're in great control of their car, but seriously misinformed on the rules of the road!!

Driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway is another one. Thees people are great drivers, but pointed in the wrong direction!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Those stupid white painted circles dotted around the country are technically roundabouts, if you drive over one it's an offence..

Quote Originally Posted by Paddii View Post
    That is hard to do, especially as the road naturally leans to the right on a roundabout to guide u the right way, and you would have to manoeuvre very elaborately to go the wrong way. So maybe they're in great control of their car, but seriously misinformed on the rules of the road!!

Driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway is another one. Thees people are great drivers, but pointed in the wrong direction!
    You can tell that I have difficulty telling right from left huh? lol Should read *ROAD NATURALLY LEANS TO THE LEFT ON A ROUNDABOUT TO GUIDE U ON THE RIGHT WAY*

Maybe that's the problem with a lot of these people who drive the wrong way round a roundabout

v good thread this but was there not a thread that went several pages here only a couple of weeks ago where many posters ridiculed safety on the roads talked how they loved doing ridiculous things take risks insult other drivers etc. I was the only one to speak out on that thread as they all ranted on like schoolboys I was told this is 'the modern world' of course that excuses everything, guess I'll be told I have no sense of humor now

Blog Entries

One very dangerous thing is driving too slowly like a person doing 40 in a 60 zone. It encourages those behind to become impatient and overtake and overtaking is what causes an awful lot of accidents. Its not as dangerous as going too fast but is dangerous in its own right.

Westside.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast