Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn the Wheel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    why do you hate women so much ?
    I love women especially talking with them and their company since men generally bore me. I must admit i rather talk about something good than a football match or the fight that happened 5 years ago or who can drink what and how much of it.

great stuff,
    Westside.

PS your post is typical of an example of why i prefer talking to women.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 01-10-10 at 20:18.

I'm ashamed to admit it people but I can't parallel park to save my life. It's just something that I've never been able to get to work for me no matter how many times I try it.
    You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfer42 View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit it people but I can't parallel park to save my life. It's just something that I've never been able to get to work for me no matter how many times I try it.
    I find that ppl that cant park well dont drive with the mirrors and look around their shoulders too much. Use the mirrors. When the centre of your car is passing the end of the parked car then lock the wheel full and slowly straighten it out as you go into the space. Reverse into a parking space.

Westside.

Or another strategy: Keep going backwards slowly until you hear a small scrunch, that means that you've gone as far back as you want to in that direction. Then go forwards a little bit again, repeat as necessary.

I never use mirrors for parking, I find it very hard to judge distance with those things. Even worse is the fact that they're curved, so it's hard to gage from them.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 01-10-10 at 21:06.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post

I never use mirrors for parking, I find it very hard to judge distance with those things. Even worse is the fact that they're curved, so it's hard to gage from them.
    They only become a prob when ppl try to get in on the one swing. I can get into very tight spaces with a few inches either end of the car without touching the other cars in any way. I reckon i could be one of the best parkers around.

that good,
    Westside.

PS if ppl sense some self promotion your right. I will teach ppl to park.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

benin (01-10-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    They only become a prob when ppl try to get in on the one swing. I can get into very tight spaces with a few inches either end of the car without touching the other cars in any way. I reckon i could be one of the best parkers around.

that good,
    Westside.

PS if ppl sense some self promotion your right. I will teach ppl to park.
    You do seem to have experience with it. Do you spend your days hanging around parking lots to help people park their cars?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banned User View Post
    very sexist - females are far better drivers than their male counterparts ,as highlighted by the cost of insurance for the respective genders.
    I have to disagree with that statement banned user. I watched a programme on tv where 100 girls and fellows of all age groups were put in a car simulator and told to drive as if they were driving normally. Both groups were then told to drive 15 kph faster than they normally would. The result was that women were involved in 68% more serious crashes compared to men.
    The point is that if women drove as fast as men they would be far more likely to be killed in a road crash because of their poor ability to read the road ahead and their slower reaction time. This is scientific not women bashing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    You do seem to have experience with it. Do you spend your days hanging around parking lots to help people park their cars?
    Nope i hang around here reading your educated posts instead. When i started driving i never looked for easy spaces.I always tried to get into the hard ones. Thats the only way to get good at anything.

to try it and keep at it,
    Westside.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I find that ppl that cant park well dont drive with the mirrors and look around their shoulders too much. Use the mirrors. When the centre of your car is passing the end of the parked car then lock the wheel full and slowly straighten it out as you go into the space. Reverse into a parking space.

Westside.
    For the advice given my thanks i give to you westie. I applied said advice to parking today and an improvement in technique was noted
    You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dub1 View Post
    I have to disagree with that statement banned user. I watched a programme on tv where 100 girls and fellows of all age groups were put in a car simulator and told to drive as if they were driving normally. Both groups were then told to drive 15 kph faster than they normally would. The result was that women were involved in 68% more serious crashes compared to men.
    The point is that if women drove as fast as men they would be far more likely to be killed in a road crash because of their poor ability to read the road ahead and their slower reaction time. This is scientific not women bashing.
    but at the speed they normally drove at the women were in control it was only when they were FORCED to go the same speed as men that the crash rate increased so this could also be interperted as men drive too fast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast