Thread: The silence of Bono.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Nobody made more money out of LiveAid than that hypocrite.

Geldof is a scam and a fool,
    Westside.
    How true, at least Bono has a legitimate claim to fame. Geldof was nothing but a member of a fourth rate piece of shit commercial irish pop band in the 1970s before he got his scam on the road, the rest of his family are benefitting from it as well. Nobody would know who he was otherwise. It's like taking the charity work that celebrities do to promote themselves to a grand scale.

Wow... I never knew about this sort of thing...:

During mid November 2008, a local for profit organisation Diversity@Work invited Geldof to Melbourne, to speak about the tragedy of Third World poverty and the failure of governments to combat the crisis. However it was subsequently revealed that he was paid AU$100,000 for his one-off speech which included a luxury hotel room and first-class airfares. Criticism has been raised at the contradiction of demanding such fees to speak on world poverty and human misery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Geldof

Is nothing sacred? To be honest, I thought Geldof would be living some type of middle-class existance apart from his trips around the world, I guess even I was naive about his skullduggery and scamming.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 06-09-10 at 14:03.