Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish farming ,the scourge of modern society?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I already sat all my exams.
    Even the two finger check up? Whats it like. Does he really tickle your gallbladder?

Westside.

No, that's a different type of exam West, only given to certain special types of boys in special areas.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 04-09-10 at 20:28.

Reviews

This is the exam Westie means. Think warm thoughts, this is going to be cold.

Blog Entries

Typical of Irish society. You bring up a topic of economical concern and its just brushed under the rug. These guys who allow stuff to fall apart for to get their gov goodies are a disgrace.

awful in this era,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by feargal View Post
    I think farmers should get more support from every one and get production back to where ir used to be. These subsidies for non production should never happen. They should get incentives to increase production and increase exports to help this country out of the recession. There was atime when farmers hd a bit of clout, but now the developers and the bankers are the ones with the clout and look where that got us. The greens are trying to create a roural urban divide. The tail is wagging the dog. fianna fail will do anything to hold on to power. By the way I am not a farmer but I do live in yhe country
    Im all for supporting farmers. In fact one of the reasons we are in the shit we are in ,is neglect of our domestic industries such as farming and tourism and the fucking up of our fishing industry. Having said that i do not agree with letting something go to shit just because you get money from the gov to replace it or fix it.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Can someone explain why all the fields in my area are full of rapeseed? do the farmers get told what to grow or do they get incentives so to speak?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    Can someone explain why all the fields in my area are full of rapeseed? do the farmers get told what to grow or do they get incentives so to speak?
    Probably getting a good price per tonne for it/ or its feck easy to grow
    "A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves."

Bill Shankly

8. The Following User Says Thank You to labratd22 For This Useful Post:

Alana (05-09-10)

Blog Entries

Typical of the farming community. Scared to comment because what i say is true. Not to worry, gov goodies on the way guys.

tut tut tut the shame,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Typical of the farming community. Scared to comment because what i say is true. Not to worry, gov goodies on the way guys.

tut tut tut the shame,
    Westside.
    Perhaps none have logged in since you created this thread or there aren't many members of the farming community here, or read it and decided it was such rubbish it didn't deserve a reply and was just an example of the urban/rural devide mentioned earlier and example of people giving out about something that they have absolutely no clue about or perhaps that saw the thread creator and immediately dismissed it..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Now this isnt an attack on farmers in this country by myself but im wondering why some farmers just let things fall apart? Fences, crops etc they seem to just let them fall apart. Would it be that they would get goodies from the government? Surely any help that they get from our ailing government would be for good cause and not just because it suits someone who has no intention of fixing an issue?

just wondering,
    Westside.
    This might answer it, , think they checked it by satellite in the later years, no need for the department office types to get their shoes dirty in actual leaving the office

Set-aside

So in essence they where paid to do nothing
    Last edited by labratd22; 06-09-10 at 17:43.
    "A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves."

Bill Shankly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast