Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Laser eye surgey

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Glasses can be a nightmare sometimes! I've considered laser eye surgeory, but to be honest, I've lived with wearing glasses when needed most of my life, so I'm not that bothered.
    when my mate had the laser he was about a year adjusting his "glasses" on his nose it was really funny

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    when my mate had the laser he was about a year adjusting his "glasses" on his nose it was really funny
    Haha! Yeah... like trying to pick things up with an amputated hand! Actually... that's not really a good simile, is it? Nothing like it actually. Well, you get the essence of what I'm trying to say, I'm sure!

Haha! Yeah... like trying to pick things up with an amputated hand! Actually... that's not really a good simile, is it? Nothing like it actually. Well, you get the essence of what I'm trying to say, I'm sure!
    my god you can tie yourself up like no man i know sammy pmsl...i get your drift

Funnily enough I have been considering this myself. I am really squeamish about my eyes though, and have never been able to consider contacts. I have worn glasses since i was 15. Not sure whether i could get used to not wearing glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Funnily enough I have been considering this myself. I am really squeamish about my eyes though, and have never been able to consider contacts. I have worn glasses since i was 15. Not sure whether i could get used to not wearing glasses.
    I know I'm in trouble when she pushes her glasses to the end of her nose and looks over the frame at me... I don't know whether to shit or cum in my pants!

I know I'm in trouble when she pushes her glasses to the end of her nose and looks over the frame at me... I don't know whether to shit or cum in my pants!
    Samlad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to consider how to respond to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Samlad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to consider how to respond to that one!
    Looks like you're faced with the same dilemma I'm in then!

Reviews

Default One thing to consider:

I thought about this some years ago and after research I discovered that, at that time, if a pilot had any corrective eye surgery, the aviation authorities would pull their medical certificate right away. No chance to get it back. Ever.

I asked why and the answer was this:

Eye surgery works to correct focus problems and for most people, those are the key issues.

After the surgery, the lens shape is improved but the surface will be degraded and that can affect resolution.

One - perhaps over simplified - way to describe the result would be this:

With your glasses today, your 42" full HD TV looks lovely, you can see the full detail but you can also see that you have one stuck pixel.

Without glasses, sharp edges are blurred, you strain to read sub-titles and you certainly cannot spot that duff pixel.

With corrective surgery, you will have no problem to read the sub-titles without glasses and edges are as sharp as ever. You will also never see that stuck pixel again. Ever. Even if you try glasses.

In an aviation sense, that stuck pixel might be an F16 that is on a collision course and due to fly through your windscreen in 10 seconds.

Aviation authorities are more relaxed about it these days but they still want to take a very close look at any pilot who has this treatment. Their position is that an eye that has had corrective surgery will never be as good as it was with the correct glasses before the surgery.

Corrective surgery is getting better all the time but for now, if you want the best vision that your eyes can provide then it is not the answer. If you just want your sight to be good enough for you to be able to stop wearing glasses then it can do that for most folks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456