Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torment ...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by scotus View Post
    Even the act of obtaining a qualification is a great confidence booster, and can be a great achievement. Courses can teach you good habits and skills which you can use in other areas. Add to this the environment, which can be stimulating, and can introduce you to a host of other ideas.
    So true.. A company I consult with at the moment has an engineer working for them with no formal training. He has 3 degrees in ancient languages.. Still one of the best engineers I've ever worked with...
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Jesus your some man. I did it for teh leaving cert many years ago and I hated the subject. Couldnt get my head around it at all
    Yeah, I found Chemistry a mindfuck too. Physics, now, that was grand. But Chemistry? Still freaks me out the thought of it.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Organic chemistry
    **shudder**

Reviews

Yeah, I found Chemistry a mindfuck too. Physics, now, that was grand. But Chemistry? Still freaks me out the thought of it.
    Ah leaving cert chemistry isn't so bad.. At least you get to blow stuff up..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Ah leaving cert chemistry isn't so bad.. At least you get to blow stuff up..
    Funny thing, that is the one good memory I have of doing chemistry in school. We were getting a bit bored by the experiment, so we decided to liven up proceedings by tripling up on the ingredients.

I can still recall the resultant mix bubbling away furiously, and the Chemistry teacher screaming at everyone to move to the wall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    Well, it doesn't make much of a difference now, as I have already received the CAO offer.
    I have applied to some courses trough CAO and trough some others directly.

From the ones I applied directly, I received so far just an interview for a Complementary Health Therapy course.
    If you can believe it, this is a 2 years full time course !!! I think I prefer a 3 years part time degree, seems more rewarding.
    Sorry guys, I have to correct something here as I just spotted the mistake - should read "I prefer a 3 years full time degree"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    It doesnt make a difference you can still apply to other courses and some courses can be taliormade to suit you needs.
    I myself have gone back to do a four year degree course and am at present in my final year.
    Look around teh internet and even drop in to the socail welfare and ask to speak to the back to education department rhey might be able to point you in the right direction
    The local welfare office seems a scary place for me.
    Won't they be asking how I sustained myself since I gave up my last job in Feb 2009?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual Delights View Post
    The local welfare office seems a scary place for me.
    Won't they be asking how I sustained myself since I gave up my last job in Feb 2009?
    Well, the standard answer to that is that you took a year off to see the world and broaden your mind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Hmm, depends on you I suppose. I love the idea of Chemistry and I loved it in school but doing a degree in it just consists of memorising lists and lists and lists of things.. Not for me I'm afraid..... Physics & Maths were much more enjoyable and rewarding..
    Haven't done a lot of studies in those subjects, only primary / secondary school / high school.
    I remember I didn't like Physics too much, although I had OK results for it.

I loved Maths ... but since I a was a very rebellious teenager, I missed out on all the most advanced stuff and I am afraid those would be required if I study Maths for college in a related course.

BTW what are the practical application if one has a Math degree?
    Seems like a silly question but other then a teaching job I cannot think of anything so early in the day.

Blog Entries

Well, the standard answer to that is that you took a year off to see the world and broaden your mind
    Yes, this would work if I was Irish.
    Taking a year off and coming back to a country where I am not a full resident, could seem like my vacation choice, not like a social necessity.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast