Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Concern for real?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Aid agencies don't just choose to go to countries that can't help their people in time of need, they also go into countries who don't help their people in times of need............

They're not political and don't view it that way.......
    Yeah maybe so but its sick to think that a country that spends money on nuclear weapons actually gets aid from a charity. that aid could go to a country that cannot afford to help their own ppl. I guess considering it all you cant really blame the charity as their only alternative would be not to help them but jesus its sick to think that the Pakistani gov spend enough on nucs to cover this problem.

its sick,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vampirejackie View Post
    Its the same in every country. Just look what the English government are doing, cuts, cuts, cuts everywhere, when they spend billions on the trident!!! Makes me sick!
    Thank christ we dont have nuclear. Otherwise we'd all be living in tents.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Yeah maybe so but its sick to think that a country that spends money on nuclear weapons actually gets aid from a charity. that aid could go to a country that cannot afford to help their own ppl. I guess considering it all you cant really blame the charity as their only alternative would be not to help them but jesus its sick to think that the Pakistani gov spend enough on nucs to cover this problem.

its sick,
    Westside.
    It's the way you look at it that annoys you. Don't think of agencies doing this work, or giving this money to the country, think of it as going to the people the country abandoned, forgot about or just plain ignored...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Didn't leave his name or say where he was from did he???

Perhaps he found another way to show his lack of understanding of the subject............
    I dont know he spoke with a Dublin accent so I assume thats where he's from. Absolute cabbage though, its like asking a dying person are they alright then walking away

Reviews

there a new on sky, which said that major western countries are reluctant to give aid to Pakistan as politicians will swindle part of, another portion will go into buying arms (illegally from China/Korea), less than 50% will reach people who need it. In such a scenario, I would not like to donate to Pakistan directly. If red cross/any organisation is on ground zero doing some work, better donate to those organizations.

When Pakistan was facing the disaster, its President was taking helicopter rides over French Chateau. How do you help a country where president doesn't care for its people?
    ----------------------------------------------
    I'm a creep,
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doin' here?
    I don't belong here

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

its sick,
    Westside.
    No, its not sick, it called the unfolding of a democracy. This is not as opaque and as simple as you believe. Pakistan has only existed as a country since the annexing in 1947. A legacy of Brittanic rule, I am afraid. If you understood the history then I doubt you would raise these points- and yes, I have been to both India and Pakistan.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Don't think of agencies doing this work, or giving this money to the country, think of it as going to the people the country abandoned, forgot about or just plain ignored...........
    I have to say i with westside on this one . Do we not have people in the same boat (parden the pun)

http://www.corksimon.ie/ufiles/news0...cut-by-12-.pdf

Look i feel sorry for what happened to the people of Pakistan but i firm believer in looking after our own first . Many of the people that simon look after might have paid their taxes in their early lives before they have fallen on hard times .Surely they are deserving a bit of help from the state before people that have never contributed to the irish economy . Even this week i was returning my p30 for my employees and i sent it less the cheque . I enclosed a note saying that was donating it to the simon community instead this month . No doubt i will be going to court soon lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    No, its not sick, it called the unfolding of a democracy. This is not as opaque and as simple as you believe. Pakistan has only existed as a country since the annexing in 1947. A legacy of Brittanic rule, I am afraid. If you understood the history then I doubt you would raise these points- and yes, I have been to both India and Pakistan.

So it left to us again to pick up the pieces lol .
    Last edited by An don; 21-08-10 at 01:00.

no, an don, its not. Its entirely voluntary. Unlike when your caught in the middle of it. And to be honest, I like you a lot but that was a really stupid thing to say. The recession is an awful thing. Death is slightly worse.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    no, an don, its not. Its entirely voluntary. Unlike when your caught in the middle of it. And to be honest, I like you a lot but that was a really stupid thing to say. The recession is an awful thing. Death is slightly worse.

????????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast