Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Concern for real?

I don't know. I knew when I posted. Forgive me? I will take you for a ride in my evidently awful car.....
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    I don't know. I knew when I posted. Forgive me? I will take you for a ride in my evidently awful car.....

Of course i will and I really like you too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    I have to say i with westside on this one . Do we not have people in the same boat (parden the pun)

http://www.corksimon.ie/ufiles/news0...cut-by-12-.pdf

Look i feel sorry for what happened to the people of Pakistan but i firm believer in looking after our own first . Many of the people that simon look after might have paid their taxes in their early lives before they have fallen on hard times .Surely they are deserving a bit of help from the state before people that have never contributed to the irish economy . Even this week i was returning my p30 for my employees and i sent it less the cheque . I enclosed a note saying that was donating it to the simon community instead this month . No doubt i will be going to court soon lol
    Don't get me wrong, I totally agree. Charity should begin at home, and we have at times abandoned out most vulnerable in their times of need. I've done charity work and fund raising in both this country and abroad, and have a long standing direct debit from my personal account for charitable donations and I don't regret a second of it and live (perhaps in the misguided at times) hope that my efforts wern't misappropriated but the one thing I've learned from seeing things both here and abroad is that most people have no idea how people on the other side of the world live, nor do they care. Having said that, the Irish have a very proud history as a charitable nation. In generosity as donations per citizen from data collected in 2008 stand, we were ranked 4th in the world. Now it's not a contest, but that's something to be proud of, and hopefully will continue, but the way things are going, the "charity begins at home" could go a step too far where people think the charity shoud remain in our own home, and should go nowhere else..........

Like I say, I agree with you, we need to prioritize out spending, and be very carefull where it goes, but we shouldn't neglect the worlds most needy, in their times of need just because we have domestic needs or we don't agree with the political views or humanitarian views of the ruling people of that area, even if that are blatently neglecting their own most needy........Shame on them, but let not the people suffer because of it...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luther For This Useful Post:

An don (21-08-10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123