Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Video games, consoles and computers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Batman: Arkham City won't just be the greatest Batman videogame of all time, or the best comic book videogame of all time, or even the best videogame of all time. I think we can go ahead and call it THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT MANKIND HAS EVER OR WILL EVER PRODUCE.
    never played the first one as I just don't trust movie spin offs, i have though read good reviews but still just can't bring myself to buy it

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    never played the first one as I just don't trust movie spin offs, i have though read good reviews but still just can't bring myself to buy it
    It helps if you're a Batfan. The first game isn't really a spin off of the Chris Nolan movies - it was written by Paul Dini, who was the writing force behind Batman: The Animated Series (which you might remember as being awesome), and it had all the original voice actors back reprising their roles.

Buy it, monster - there's a few scenes that are a bit shit, but running around kicking the living crap out of Arkham Asylum's thugs dressed in your Bat-togs will keep you happy for days!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (18-03-11), samlad (18-03-11)

It helps if you're a Batfan. The first game isn't really a spin off of the Chris Nolan movies - it was written by Paul Dini, who was the writing force behind Batman: The Animated Series (which you might remember as being awesome), and it had all the original voice actors back reprising their roles.

Buy it, monster - there's a few scenes that are a bit shit, but running around kicking the living crap out of Arkham Asylum's thugs dressed in your Bat-togs will keep you happy for days!
    I played the first one, finished it and loved it! I can't wait for Arkham City to come out. It looks feckin' awesome

Blog Entries

quick question, is it a button basher? or do you use skill?

Reviews

quick question, is it a button basher? or do you use skill?
    I play games on my PC, so I don't know. Here, read some reviews (for PC).
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Review for PC - GameSpot
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Review - PC Review at IGN

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

monster_monster (19-03-11)

Blog Entries

Dragon Age 2 this Friday, and Shogun 2 next Friday!!!!

LOLZ r roXXXor teh BIG ONE

w000000000000000000t!!!!!!!one!!!!11!!!eleven!!!!!!
    did you have the same experience with Dragon Age II as this guy?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2978-Dragon-Age-II

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I played the first one, finished it and loved it! I can't wait for Arkham City to come out. It looks feckin' awesome
    I loved the first one,it was fantastic and the story was interesting.The next one looks incredible and i can't wait for october.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aml For This Useful Post:

samlad (31-03-11)

Reviews

did you have the same experience with Dragon Age II as this guy?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2978-Dragon-Age-II
    That's a very funny review. It goes against all the mainstream sites but they're probably paid off anyway.

I bought DA2 a fortnight ago but haven't installed it yet - I'm busy cutting a swathe through Japan with my Shimazu samurai hordes in Shogun 2. You will all kneel before the daimyo mouse!!!! Kneel, I say!!!

SHIT HOT!!!!

Reviews

Does anyone use Steam to download games? Their fucking prices are outrageous. Fifty quid even for Shogun 2 and I got it in game for €35. Plus you need a fast connection to make it worthwhile. On the plus side, keeping your games patched up to date has something going for it.

(Alec Horan uses Steamer)

Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast