Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Democracy/dictatorship

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I would say go at least one further to 16, though this would be a step in the right direction.
    I guess your right...it would encourage more ppl to go out and vote.....the youth are our future they should have their say who runs the country....
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    You start out in life non-coherent, dribbling, drooling and someone has to wipe your arse for you. When you start getting older, you begin to become non-coherent....

Ah... there's a point here I've inadvertantly stumbled upon methinks...?

Politics seems to be for the middlemen/women
    My point was that a lot of adults by the time they have reached a certain age lets say mid 20s, give up thinking for themselves and are happy to just go with the flow and not question anything. As was pointed out in earlier posts, there is a whole heap of things wrong with the current system that cannot be fixed by the chumps running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    My point was that a lot of adults by the time they have reached a certain age lets say mid 20s, give up thinking for themselves and are happy to just go with the flow and not question anything. As was pointed out in earlier posts, there is a whole heap of things wrong with the current system that cannot be fixed by the chumps running it.
    I agree with you totally- it seems nobody cares anymore.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I agree with you totally- it seems nobody cares anymore.
    Well u cant have ure cake and eat it if u dont participate in something u cant complain about it
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Lightbulb madnesssssssssssssssssssssssss

why stop there 14 13 .... 8 3months

16 year old do not have the first idea about the planet.
    When I was 16 I just wanted to dance and sing.
    I didnt need to worry about political issues because my old uns did it.
    If anything we should make voting compulsoary and raise the age limit to 23.
    How can we ask kids that cant legally drink, own guns or pay little or no tax to vote on issues of state?

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well u cant have ure cake and eat it if u dont participate in something u cant complain about it
    Who says I don't? And I don't see where I've complained... just an observation.

Reviews

Yes you can. I don't vote because I KNOW it wont make a difference. Regardless of who is in power it is the same ol' shit over and over and over and over.......... But I'm not certain of what will fix it. I just know that if the system remains the same nothing will change. Getting younger ppl to vote is a good start though.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by texas View Post
    why stop there 14 13 .... 8 3months

16 year old do not have the first idea about the planet.
    When I was 16 I just wanted to dance and sing.
    I didnt need to worry about political issues because my old uns did it.
    If anything we should make voting compulsoary and raise the age limit to 23.
    How can we ask kids that cant legally drink, own guns or pay little or no tax to vote on issues of state?

Well the truth be told roughly half the population never pay direct taxes unfortunately im in the half that prop them up
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Well the truth be told roughly half the population never pay direct taxes unfortunately im in the half that prop them up
    I hear ya brother i hear ya old and clear. join the pokemon group if you want to do something about it!!!!
    Last edited by texas; 11-08-10 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackShotJack View Post
    go live in Zimbabwe and then talk about dictatorships vs democracies.

You are spoiled. This country is war free, famine free and relatively liberal.
    =====================================================
    Someone recently told me a Banned user on here called the Whiteknight used to
    talk very similarly about Zimbabwe and President Bob EBAGUM ! ---- how strange.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast