Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Well ok maybe its a few years old but didnt I look good then. Ah the memories..

Anyway. My 4G....I want one....mainly because I pinch up the text to size 16 in order to read it.

Should I buy this version 4G or wha......serious answers here now...no messers.
    i would like to know also...and the girl reviewing it on the right hook said all was sorted now i really hope it is

(p.s. monkeynut george hook loves his old phone aswell...your not george are you?)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    They were saying that the I4 was great except when you hold your hand over the antena or something, which apparently is how most people hold the phones when calling, the reception is gone comletely. As Benny said this is now fixed
    Nope, not fixed, apples fix is bring it back and we'll give you a refund or a rubber band that goes around the outside of the phone to break the contact between your flesh and the antenna which is the problem. They brought out a firmware update which only addresses the way the phone shows the antenna bars but doesn't fix the problem, they are currently working on a fix and apple have stated the only real solution is to move the antenna to a less obvious placement inside the phone which means a complete overhaul. Arguments are being made that they essentially recalled the phone for modifications because they admit it has a serious flaw and needs a rubber bumper as they are calling it, the main antenna developer in apple said before it went into release that there was a problem with the antenna yet they still went ahead with the launch..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

johnmurphy (30-07-10), MrFussy (29-07-10)

Reviews

Oh FFS......

Oh FFS......
    yes but anon usually knows what he is talking about so we better wait...any clue how long it will be anon?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    yes but anon usually knows what he is talking about so we better wait...any clue how long it will be anon?
    From the few articles I have read it will be months, they said they can improve the situation with a software upgrade but that's a bit rich as technically .0001% of an improvement is an improvement but f-all use, they're choosing their words very carefully.. Was talking to the girl in O2 and she even said the apple rep told her to hold off getting one and wait untill they develope a hardware solution...

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

benin (29-07-10), JAMESCORK (29-07-10), johnmurphy (30-07-10), MrFussy (29-07-10)

Reviews

Hmmm ... watch this space..

Hmmm ... watch this space..
    the one between your ears?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Nope, not fixed, apples fix is bring it back and we'll give you a refund or a rubber band that goes around the outside of the phone to break the contact between your flesh and the antenna which is the problem. They brought out a firmware update which only addresses the way the phone shows the antenna bars but doesn't fix the problem, they are currently working on a fix and apple have stated the only real solution is to move the antenna to a less obvious placement inside the phone which means a complete overhaul. Arguments are being made that they essentially recalled the phone for modifications because they admit it has a serious flaw and needs a rubber bumper as they are calling it, the main antenna developer in apple said before it went into release that there was a problem with the antenna yet they still went ahead with the launch..
    1) It was a SW update, not a firmware update and 2) the rumours that Ruben Caballero, the main antenna engineer at Apple, had expressed any misgivings about the antenna design, was denied both by him and by Apple. I know that might be a retraction on what he might have said earlier etc. but me, I prefer to believe his own words and not some rumours on the internet.

The above is just clarifications, that isn't to say there isn't anything wrong with the antenna design, there clearly is, since it drops more calls than the 3GS. If you are interested to read more, there is a good read about it here, probably the best one I've seen sofar anywhere on the net: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/t...one-4-review/2
    Last edited by corkpunter; 29-07-10 at 16:24.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to corkpunter For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (29-07-10)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    the one between your ears?
    No between my tits. (up there...... a little to the left)

Blog Entries

Isn't the problem solved if you buy a particular case Apple sells?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast