Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is formula 1 dead?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

So what if the number 2 driver is ordered to pull over with a couple of laps to go to let his team leader take the win? He knew what he was signing when he joined the organisation. The team nor the team leader shouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty about "fixing" the race - if the other teams were any good, they'd have fuckin' won instead.

Anyone hear of Villeneuve/Pironi in 1982?

I agree in part but the rules are there and they were found guilty of cheating yet the punishment is monetary rather than dq

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    It's true that with the manufacturers' threat of creating a rival GPWC to F1, there's not a lot that the FIA can do against the big teams. But I don't get what all the fuss is about. I think team orders should be allowed - instead of thinking about how just one race wasn't as enjoyable, the teams have to think World Championship, with each race win being a stepping stone along the way.

So what if the number 2 driver is ordered to pull over with a couple of laps to go to let his team leader take the win? He knew what he was signing when he joined the organisation. The team nor the team leader shouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty about "fixing" the race - if the other teams were any good, they'd have fuckin' won instead.

Anyone hear of Villeneuve/Pironi in 1982?
    They are denying that it ever happened,they said it was massas decision to let alonso ahead and not team orders...something i find hard to believe
    I have lived a life of regrets.

cheating bastards they are but you've got to take this sport for what it is this sort of stuff has been happening for years....

4. Default

the fine is ok by me. i believe it would have been unfair to disqualify the ferraris. maybe demote them 10 places at the next race, but they were clearly the best cars in the race yesterday. it only matters in the drivers championship where alonso still has an outside chance of winning. any team in the same position would have done the same thing. and that is right. you have to support the driver who has the greater chance of winning the title. it's not about yesterdays race. there are 9 more to go, and alonso can still win the championship. teams have done it before, teams have even done worse than what happened yesterday. bottom line is it's all about money. massa has his new two year contract in his arse pocket. the only person on the recieving end yesterday would have been massa. but i'm sure the new contract would soften that blow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345