Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowan and Lenihan are two arrogant geits,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    So every economice expert (every single one) has told them that the bail outs could be a disaster and these two fools are still saying that they did the right thing.

is there any talking to these twits?
    Westside.
    In my opinion cowen must shoulder most of the blame in this ever increasing mess...he was finance minister in the so called good times,it really gets on my nerve the amount of money flushed down the toilet with those E voting machines gathering dust in some warehouse,nobody wanted them why they had to insist on getting them i will never know.Bertie was the clever one in this whole mess...he got out while the going was good and rarely feels the wrath of the public.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

the problem with this country is ppl have become too quiet and muzzled. when the hoards of foreingers began coming in here with no controls on them ,the pppl should have said nope.When the lisbon No victory was overturned the ppl (those that voted no ) should have stood up and said nope.When the bank bails outs were revealed, the ppl should have stood up and said nope.

Jesus how much is it going to take for the ppl of this country to grow some?Westside.
    Things are going to get a hell of lot worse,i would imagine...

Reviews

Loyal to their friends in the banks - why should they care - pensions secure and it's our money they are handing out.

So every economice expert (every single one) has told them that the bail outs could be a disaster and these two fools are still saying that they did the right thing.

is there any talking to these twits?
    Westside.
    Nope.

Same government ignored the advice of a panel of experts who advised them to build a 3rd lane of the M50 for an extra £15m at the time. It's now costing over 825m euro.

Didn't they also ignore the panel of 12 engineers who said the Red Cow Roundabout wouldn't work? that cost 81m euro to put right.

Those are just two little gems out of the hundreds on catastrophes on their resume.

Our fault, we vote them back in.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Too late

The actual bail out in my opinion was inevitable,the crisis had arrived and had to be dealt
    with ,if the banks werent guaranteed that night the whole system would have collapsed.
    The problem was that Anglo (what went on there was beyond criminal) would also have
    brought down the other 2 big ones. We think things are bad now but if the banks ceased
    trading all our funds would be locked in, no direct debits paid, no cash at ATM, no wages
    paid out ,total mayhem same as what happened in Iceland, believe me we dont want to go
    there inflation through the roof, even basic products not in shops.
    The group that gave the goverment options gave a few they opted for the guarntee but
    if u read the report all the other options were also going to cost us massive, massive
    amounts of money. Bottom line any way we turned we were screwed.
    As the catch phrase of the moment goes " We are where we are" and in fairness decisions
    taken on any given day can be affected by later events eg the way the banks still continue
    to lie.
    We have a scandolous mess and anyway u went about it wont be pretty to clean up
    The thing i have serious issue is how the fuck were we left get into the mess thats where
    i want answers,the total disregard for warnings ,the non existent regulation, the regulator
    might aswell be at home pulling his wire. How could any finance minister sleep at night
    when his tax returns were based on a tax base that could implode at any minute
    But the real serious issue in my opinion is not the money spent on the banks, thats a bit
    like u crash ure car and it costs u alot to replace it but u suck it up pay up and move on
    a once off hit .
    The real problem is we are taking in 30 billion we are spending 50 billion,yes 20 billion of
    a discrepancy , that is every single year, where will we end up if we dont bridge the gap,
    how will we bridge it , i dont think any of our politicians goverment or oppisition have a
    clue how to. In my opinion we are in for at least 10 years of total misery.
    For any person in the current labour force life will never again be the same
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    The real problem is we are taking in 30 billion we are spending 50 billion,yes 20 billion of
    a discrepancy , that is every single year, where will we end up if we dont bridge the gap,
    how will we bridge it , i dont think any of our politicians goverment or oppisition have a
    clue how to. In my opinion we are in for at least 10 years of total misery.
    For any person in the current labour force life will never again be the same
    By getting credit flow going again and creating jobs.Get more ppl back to work and paying taxes.Cuts are not the answer in totality. There needs to be a balance between tightening up and creating jobs.

otherwise we are fucked,
    Westside.

Ps i still havnt ruled out leaving. I havnt starting looking into it yet but am after Xmas and if things dont pick up by 2012 in some way its bye bye Ireland for me.I like this country but if i cant live the life i want to ,no point in staying here.

Reviews

By getting credit flow going again and creating jobs.Get more ppl back to work and paying taxes.Cuts are not the answer in totality. There needs to be a balance between tightening up and creating jobs.

otherwise we are fucked,
    Westside.

Ps i still havnt ruled out leaving. I havnt starting looking into it yet but am after Xmas and if things dont pick up by 2012 in some way its bye bye Ireland for me.I like this country but if i cant live the life i want to ,no point in staying here.
    You ain't the only one..getting pretty fed up of this place at the moment,like yourself i will prob see where i stand after christmas and decide after that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    You ain't the only one..getting pretty fed up of this place at the moment,like yourself i will prob see where i stand after christmas and decide after that.
    What i hate is my lack of control over the situation and i say alot of ppl feel that way. I have no probs with fucks ups but at least let me make my own ffs.

Westside.

I know I know its all doom & gloom but I as well as every other taxpayer is paying for this every day but the question noone has got answered the question that is obvious to everyone : How on earth was that cunt Neary the Financial Regulator so cluless when it came to the state of the banks? A pack of smug faced fucking liars the lot of them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    I know I know its all doom & gloom but I as well as every other taxpayer is paying for this every day but the question noone has got answered the question that is obvious to everyone : How on earth was that cunt Neary the Financial Regulator so cluless when it came to the state of the banks? A pack of smug faced fucking liars the lot of them
    These idiots are supposed to be leading the country ffs and showing leadership. If a person is short money they have to do one of two things,

Start begging or get a job and this government have assumed the role of beggar. I think that they dont want to fix it and hope it will sort out because if the full truth of what they have done comes out it will cause a revolution. Ppl dont know the half of what these ppl have done and are still doing. All the corruption, the abuse of expenses is still going on.

Westside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast