Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Road Tragedy in Donegal

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Just to clarify, are we sure it was the overloaded vehicle that caused the accident or are we just assuming because it was overloaded and full of teenagers / young lads?
    I listened to the report on this accident, all occupants were in their late teens early twenties, they had crashed into another car before the really bad accident, the woman in that car was naturally shocked but not injured too badly, and it showed her car on the news, the car that hit her kept going and it was minutes after that the tragedy happened.

xxx
    Milfminx
    Good Girls go to Heaven......................... Bad Girls go Everywhere

Reviews

The only way young stupid drivers will learn how to drive safely, is through dath and by then, it's too late. i feel so sorry for the old man who died, because a bunch of young muppets went out thinking they were invincible.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I think in this country ppl have a perception that they will never be in an accident that it will ever happen to me.Call it arragance or stupidty but i am sure the majority of members here have close friends or family that have been invovled in accidents.The condition of some roads in this country have been appalling,its time the Nra done something about.We are supposed to be a first world country but some of the roads here are what you would see in a third world country.Things have to change.
    While I agree with you on the state of our roads, I noticed this recently, in the area where I live after the bad weather and the snow (during which time I had an accident myself at 10 mph !) the area I travel in was full of major potholes, one had to leave early and crawl over these pot holes at a slow speed to get anywhere.
    Thankfully for our poor cars they have now repaired the road in three directions , it is like a runway and the result is the speed of cars has gone into overdrive and in the space of 1 month there has been four accident (nothing near to the one discussed here) and I have to say that the majority of the offenders are young male driver, with the boom boom music at full blast .

xxx
    Milfminx
    Good Girls go to Heaven......................... Bad Girls go Everywhere

Reviews

I'm sure there are some cautious young drivers (maybe gaurd's sons or paramedic's sons etc).
    Off focus from the Donegal atrocity, many young males seem to confuse sexuality with
    cars and speeding in those cars. Whereas most girls, being cuter than males would rather
    their partner drive more nerdy and live to tell the tale.

Blog Entries

One thing ppl forget is after a wet patch of weather and heat comes ,its pull oils to the surface of the raod making them dangerous and skiddy.

Ppl are saying that the overloaded car was full because ppl didnt want to drink and drive which is fair enough but it suggests that most of those in the overloaded car were drunk or well on because otherwise they would have being fine to drive.Its bad enough having an overloaded car full of sober ppl but full of ppl who had drink????

dangerous,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    I'm sure there are some cautious young drivers (maybe gaurd's sons or paramedic's sons etc).
    Off focus from the Donegal atrocity, many young males seem to confuse sexuality with
    cars and speeding in those cars. Whereas most girls, being cuter than males would rather
    their partner drive more nerdy and live to tell the tale.
    Don't tar all young drivers with the same brush.Don't get me wrong there are young drivers out there that think they are the shit and are daredevils but there are plenty older who are just as bad.I was goinghome one evening and i saw a guy behind coming quick he must have been going 140 at least seeing as i was doing 100 and starting blowing at me and flashing his lights like a lunatic and believe me he was no youngster.My point is that there are plenty out there reguardless of age that are dangerous drivers...not just young ppl.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Don't tar all young drivers with the same brush.Don't get me wrong there are young drivers out there that think they are the shit and are daredevils but there are plenty older who are just as bad.I was goinghome one evening and i saw a guy behind coming quick he must have been going 140 at least seeing as i was doing 100 and starting blowing at me and flashing his lights like a lunatic and believe me he was no youngster.My point is that there are plenty out there reguardless of age that are dangerous drivers...not just young ppl.
    I dont think that its whether someone is young or old but arrogant. Arrogance and driving is avery dangerous combo. I also do not believe that women are safer drivers then men although women do seem to have better driving temperments and a bit more copon driving although some are still very dangerous.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    I dont think that its whether someone is young or old but arrogant. Arrogance and driving is avery dangerous combo. I also do not believe that women are safer drivers then men although women do seem to have better driving temperments and a bit more copon driving although some are still very dangerous.

Westside.
    You have a point arrogance does come into it...heard there was as study lately that ppl who drive bmw's are are more likely to be more agressive and dangerous drivers than other road users...i doubt many young ppl have bmws...i am just trying to stand up for my age group.Ladies tend to be more careful drivers but sometimes(not all) they can sometimes be indiscivise
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

This is indeed a tragic affair altogether however, it has to be said that anyone who stuffs eight adults into a saloon car is nuts, anyone who gets into a car with eight adults in is nuts, and a young driver (who already has convictions for dangerous driving on the same section of road) who lets seven passengers into his car and then goes for a blast is gonna get what he deserves.

People cause accidents - not roads or cars!

My sympathies to the families involved

Reviews

Vehicles need to be 'piloted'. Tyre pressures, brakes, wash/wipes should be tested
    each day/journey. I see the 8 occupants in a saloon as the cause of the crash so in a way
    there is shared responsibility. If just one lad died it would be tragic but reality is
    just so indifferent and unforgiving-wrong time/wrong place etc

when I see padre pio stickers in cars it annoys me. People blessing themselves going
    past churches it annoys me. If the fuckin' Pope went riding recklessly on a moped
    around Rome-dead!

The driver left behind is going to be left in a woefully difficult circumstance. Forget
    the law, who may make an example: (5 years in jail). He will be riddled with trauma and guilt
    and will require some serious therapy.
    Last edited by warmcome; 13-07-10 at 19:46.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456