Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MeathVLouth : U watchin?

Reviews

Even if the Meath board wanted to according to the news the GAA wouldn't agree to it as it's against their rules or they don't have the previsions in the rules to allow it

still and all the GAA while making an absolute fortune like to fall back on the ' we are an amateur organization' description but this was shockingly incompetent a referee & 2 umpires cant see a player throwing himself over the line with the ball in his hand, there can be no excuses its simply not good enough....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    still and all the GAA while making an absolute fortune like to fall back on the ' we are an amateur organization' description but this was shockingly incompetent a referee & 2 umpires cant see a player throwing himself over the line with the ball in his hand, there can be no excuses its simply not good enough....
    I agree but rules are rules, ref's decision is final, look at the ireland and france decision As somebody else said if it were the other way around there wouldn't be a word about a re-match...

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Even if the Meath board wanted to according to the news the GAA wouldn't agree to it as it's against their rules or they don't have the previsions in the rules to allow it
    This is incorrect if Meath offered a replay its within central council powers to grant it but they cannot make Meath replay it
    There is a precedent for this already as there was a replay granted in a game a couple of years ago.
    As for if it happened at the other end of the field fair enough but the facts are Meath will feature in Leinster finals on a
    regular basis louth havent for 50 years and probably wont for 50 more so u cant compare importance of the game to both teams.
    If this happened a Cork( my own county) kilkenny,kerry, Dublin etc i would say suck it up as u will get another chance in the not too distant future
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    This is incorrect if Meath offered a replay its within central council powers to grant it but they cannot make Meath replay it
    There is a precedent for this already as there was a replay granted in a game a couple of years ago.
    As for if it happened at the other end of the field fair enough but the facts are Meath will feature in Leinster finals on a
    regular basis louth havent for 50 years and probably wont for 50 more so u cant compare importance of the game to both teams.
    If this happened a Cork( my own county) kilkenny,kerry, Dublin etc i would say suck it up as u will get another chance in the not too distant future
    I don't agree ber, just because this is the firat year in 50 that they have been good enough shouldn't give them special consideration. I read somewhere (or heard) that after the last time a replay was granted the GAA issued a statement to all clubs that this would not be allowed in the future as it was against their rules, technically saying it shouldn't have been allowed in the first place and it was a localised decision and not one sanctioned by the council??

sorry to sound like a total fool(never stoped me before) but why replay?
    the game ber is talking about was won by 1 point ..which later was shown to be wide and thus the replay so louth should be awarded the win meath dont deserve a replay...meaths goal was a complete sham it should never have been allowed i mean ffs look at the pic on the back page of the irish independent today...the fucking umpire is staring at the lad rolling in and throwing the ball to the net

i had to laugh at the ref after he actually gave a yellow card to the first louth fan that attacked him...if that fan gets a second yellow he will miss the qualifer lol

Meath should give Louth a replay do the honorable thing...

Reviews

I don't agree that the win should be awarded to Louth, afterall the ref did make a complete balls of his decsion but he did make a decision, in Meaths favour. No point crying over what should have been but I would hope they will do the honourable thing and allow a replay..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Shame

Well from a Meath perspective those Leinster Medals are useless they are more associated to a sense of Shame
    than pride, even Eamon o Brien the manager admitted as much. They wont be pulled out too often to be shown
    to children or grandchildren as they will be told oh they were the medals that ye robbed louth of
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well from a Meath perspective those Leinster Medals are useless they are more associated to a sense of Shame
    than pride, even Eamon o Brien the manager admitted as much. They wont be pulled out too often to be shown
    to children or grandchildren as they will be told oh they were the medals that ye robbed louth of
    Infairness ber, I wouldn't blame the players either, both sides played a game, on the day I believe (didn't watch) louth were the better side but couldn't convert that into scores so maybe they weren't that great but the only person you can blame is the ref for his decision..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast