Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campness

Some are some aren't. The most important thing, is if they are bitchy or not!

GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

Can I resurrect this thread to also ask why many gay men are so camp? After all, you didn't see Alexander the Great mincing around in front of his army flopping in his wrist in the direction of the enemy - no, he kicked ass all over the goddam world as well as fucking it. Surely if you're a man, you're a man, whether or not you're attracted to women or not?

Anyway, I have mentioned that there's a gay guy in my extended family. I was out drinking with him one night and he took me to a gay night in some nightclub (for the craic, fnar fnar). Some camp guy tried to chat me up while I was out smoking in the beer garden, and I told him I was straight. He said "How do you know until you've tried it?" I told him "The same way you know you're gay, I know I'm straight", but I wasn't happy with that answer - I found myself getting angry at his girlie voice and feminine mannerisms, even though I like to think I'm quite liberal.

Incidentally, the bouncers were pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Can I resurrect this thread to also ask why many gay men are so camp? After all, you didn't see Alexander the Great mincing around in front of his army flopping in his wrist in the direction of the enemy - no, he kicked ass all over the goddam world as well as fucking it. Surely if you're a man, you're a man, whether or not you're attracted to women or not?

Anyway, I have mentioned that there's a gay guy in my extended family. I was out drinking with him one night and he took me to a gay night in some nightclub (for the craic, fnar fnar). Some camp guy tried to chat me up while I was out smoking in the beer garden, and I told him I was straight. He said "How do you know until you've tried it?" I told him "The same way you know you're gay, I know I'm straight", but I wasn't happy with that answer - I found myself getting angry at his girlie voice and feminine mannerisms, even though I like to think I'm quite liberal.

Incidentally, the bouncers were pricks.
    Why would you get annoyed when you know who you are? unless he did not take No for an answer, which would be annoying regardless of there sex M/F..

Do you get annoyed @ (masculine) heavy drinking females on a night out?

BTW, how do you know that Alex the great was not camp? camp men can be quite sadistic you know

GL lol
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Blog Entries

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

I think a lot of the examples people are giving here of TV celebs are not the best example as I imagine a lot it is an act to advertise themselves for TV, I’d imagine these same guys off screen would be as straight acting as most gay guys.

Dr Christian Jessen and Gareth Thomas aren’t exactly two guys I’d say act camp.

"Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Gaylord (29-10-10), Rayden (29-10-10)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12