... dying, evolving, regrouping? It seems to me that the great fears of "cancelation" are beginning to recede. I have a friend who was been the CEO of a really succesful private equity management company who spent the last few years having everything he uttered in public filtered through guardians to protect him from any mis-utterances. But lately I'm getting the feeling that the woke 'brand' has become very devalued outside of niche, mainly online, groups.

A vocal band of activists launched a campaign against the Hogwarts Legacy game because of its connection to J.K. Rowling. When the game came out it was instantly a phenomenal success – the most popular game ever on the streaming platform Twitch, physical sales of 12 million in its first two weeks of release, earning its makers $850 million (£709 million) in revenue.

The defeat of the referendums a few weeks in Ireland suggest people aren't willing to vote for nicey nicey words any more, and Sinn Féin is discovering that it can lose a significant part of its new voter base for not being hard enough on immigration.

Is woke dead? Or terminally ill? Or evolving for the needs of the 2020's?