Thread: A few thoughts...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Post A few thoughts...

...supplementary to Mr. BitchHunters thread about article in the Indo castigating all punters as rapists.

Now this is somewhat collateral to that issue but back around '99 to '01 I frequently visited an irish working-girl who called herslef Chelsea and who is nowadays a reasonably successful fiction novelist.

I was addicted to visiting this young woman; beautiful beyond my powers of description to describe, sexy and adventurous, funny and post-shag very much into having a good chat about the job and issues relating to it. She was a pragmatist and completely at ease with how she chose to make at that point in her (young) life. She was just awesomely cool and smart and thinking about her still brings a smile to my face.

However she did an interview with the Sunday Indo prior to the launch of her first book about 6 years ago she excoriated the brothel/prostitution scene in Dublin and especially the clients, I was really surprised at how disingenous she was in the article. Really just mouthing platitudes for her female interviewer and heaping scorn on punters and all neatly teeing up the debut publication.

All this taken as gospel by the interviewer needless to remark and more cliches about the life taken smugly and complacently as fact.

I kinda feel there should be an advocacy service for punters....

ps sorry i havent been around for a while

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (13-06-10)