Thread: How private are PMs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    OK - sticky one here, but how private are our PMs to each other. Who, if any one, are privee to the content within a so called private message. If I was to confide with Milfie or Fussy or even DeEgiit, who else can see this. Do our trusted Mods have access to this. My username and Password are registered on EI, can anyone with behind the scenes permissions access this? What exactly can I be assured to be the access level.
    Believe it or not I don't think even Patricia has access to them.... directly, but maybe she could if she wanted, I wouldn't be surprised either way. The people who designed them and/or the regulations/protocols for designing forums have respect for the privacy of private messages. Some smart people somewhere realised that no good can come from having forums where people can't private message without a reasonable degree of privacy. Your passwords could also very well be your passwords for your email address.... so imagine the absolute disaster if thousands of people were setting up websites and getting the passwords + email addresses together.... if they hide the password it's only a step away from hiding the private messages. So it COULD, just a guess, be kind of like a black box that E-I gets in terms of forum software but I certainly wouldn't count on it for something really serious. But the ordinary mods definitely don't have access to your pms, no way.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 05-06-10 at 00:44.