Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is is there are any loyalty left in football?

Reviews

I have lived a life of regrets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Another Arsenal player has left today Fran Merida. He done a Fabregas too early i think. He was a nobody at Barcelona and still hasn't broken through. He'll be a nobody at Atletico. If he stayed at Arsenal for a season or two he'd be a world class player. I don't think these fellows have brains. Reyes when he was at Arsenal was turning inot a great player. H emoved to Madrid and was a nobody untill this season. I didn't hear of him in years untill the europa league run.

What's the point of developing these youngsters if their going to shove it back in Wengers face?
    I agree with you hun, its hard to watch to be honest, loved the rucks with the mighty arsenal back in the day.... Loyalty is no more for some footballers although for Stevie G as someone mentioned deserves & has earned his right to move on to hope for more silverware & enjoy playing football for the rest of his carreer, unfortunately the 'Pool arent as lucky as their rivals to have a manager who is still loved & respected even if we did buy the must useless player in the premiership.... Money has destroyed our beloved game... I blame Kevin Keegan (I'm not bitter or biased lol).... upping Alan Shearer worth from 7/8 million to what did they pay in the end 15 mill for Alan Shearer who instead of spending a couple of seasons at the mighty reds winning a few trophies then to go back to hometown & favoured team of Newcastle to end his career..... he was emotionally pulled to Newcastle by the ignorant kevin keegan who was trying to prove a point & ultimately putting more value on players than their worth just to win a grudge match he had with fergie showing money buys footballers but not trophy's . Poor Shearer always think he would of liked to have won some silverware after leaving blackburn & think if you mett him in a pub & loosened him up with a few bevvies asked him his one regret in football it would be that he didnt play for Man United. I remember being shocked that we paid 7 mill for Andy Cole but I reckon we got our monies worth out of him & he was no Alan Shearer but still won more silverware. Some of the best players at Man U as with Arsenal have been kids brought through the ranks / players plucked from near football obscurity. Now look at us we cant get money cos we are so in debt by people who clearly dont understand the game in a time when footballers wages could free 3rd world countries of hunger.. Its shamefull for all the joy I get from footbal ....that these players command such high prices at the cost of the game & true team building which at times can take a few seasons to get right & get the best from some players .. If I could go back in time I'd love to have been alive in the 60's to see Georgie Best in action when football was played for the love of the game & the fame & women was the bonus, .... To finish my waffle with a fav footie quote of mine = "Maradona good; Pelé better; George Best."
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 29-05-10 at 07:11.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123