Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The EU are back to their old tricks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Remember when we got the gaurentee that our taxes were up to the Dail and the Irish nation to decide.
    The Dail and the Irish nation are very different things, in case you hadn't noticed. I don't really see any advantages to leaving my taxes in the hands of Fianna Fail.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    The Dail and the Irish nation are very different things, in case you hadn't noticed. I don't really see any advantages to leaving my taxes in the hands of Fianna Fail.
    Yes they are .One is looking for democracy and the other is destroying it.

no prize for guessing,
    Westside.

Blog Entries

i suppose it's only fair that they perform some sort of due diligence on all member states seeing as without them we'd be pretty fucked right now. Euro skeptic or not you do have to admit that Ireland has got a lot more from the EU than we have put in.

Blog Entries

Default Back in the early days we did

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    i suppose it's only fair that they perform some sort of due diligence on all member states seeing as without them we'd be pretty fucked right now. Euro skeptic or not you do have to admit that Ireland has got a lot more from the EU than we have put in.
    but we just cant afford the latest.We cant afford to give anymore control away.We cant afford to have all Europe in here.We cant afford to help Greece.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    but we just cant afford the latest.We cant afford to give anymore control away.We cant afford to have all Europe in here.We cant afford to help Greece.

Westside.
    whether we can afford it or not is not the problem, we signed up to the EU and must play by the rules to get the benefits. For too long Ireland has been the poor man of Europe with the like of Germany, France and the UK paying for all our new shiny infrastructure (you don't think it was road taxes that paid for the upkeep of our roads ) even during the "Celtic Tiger" we were still depending on handouts. It's now our turn to fork out some cash so we just have to bite the bullet.

in regard to giving them "anymore control" maybe if they had been looking at our books properly over the past 15 or so years none of this current shite would be affecting us so badly. We were an economy based on an over inflated property bubble that for some reason the govt decided was not going to burst so we never planned for the rainy day. When the EU glanced at our books most of this was hidden in some way shape or form so it eventually got really out of hand. Now that we all know where we stand isn't it better off to have outside people looking in properly to make sure the politicians with vested interests don't do this type of thing again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12